26

Triggy was crying. She was crying a lot. I could see it from over here, but I couldn't go over to her. Everyone was at lunch, except for us. And as I looked down from the staircase, I could see her down there, sitting beside the wall crying her eyes out.

I wanted to help her. I wanted to go down there and ask what's wrong, but I couldn't. I knew it wasn't my place. I also didn't like her, so I might end up adding to her grief. In fact, if I came anywhere closer to her, I might scratch her eyes out.

My heart started beating hard as I watched Alex hurry over to her from the first floor staircase. I couldn't hear what they were saying but I watched everything with my eyes stuck on them. I watched as he talked to her first. I watched as she thrashed her head around as if saying "no" over and over again. I watched how he looked at her hopelessly at first, and then let her fall into his arms. I watched as she hugged him hard, as if to hold on forever. I watched as he hugged her back, kissing her neck.

I watched and my heart sank. I watched and my tears fell. I watched and I really hated him. I truly hated him for finding someone else. No matter how selfish I sounded right now, I really hated him for moving on when I couldn't.

I sat on the steps, biting my fists so I wouldn't let myself whimper and be heard. I couldn't stop crying. He left me. He's gone. Alex, who hugged me when I cried, who understood me perfectly, who always protected, my first love, can no longer be mine. There was no way for us to be together again like before.

He already found someone else to take my place.

"No way!" I yelled.

I was feeling down, until mom came home and right away broke the big news.

"They're coming here? Right now?"

She nodded.

I looked at Bailey, feeling shocked with happiness. "Clair and Justin are coming!"

Bailey kept staring at the TV. "She'll hit me first thing. What's there to look forward to?"

I felt excited anyway.

"When did they say they'd get here?"

Mom shrugged, looking as happy as I was. It's been forever since we last seen them. "I don't know. But your mom's heart say's they're pretty close."

The door busted open and Justin and Clair came whooping in with bags of gifts.

Mom and I screamed, and then Clair and Justin screamed. Then we were all screaming, hugging and crying.

I had my arms wrapped around Justin. "Aw, look at you all cute and a little bit tall." He said, patting my head.

"You need to stop treating me like a kid." God that irritated me now even more than back then.

Bailey stood up. "Oh hey, you guys are here already."

He was hidden behind all the bags of gifts that were thrown at him accidentally by Clair and Justin.

"Oh my god." Clair said, going over to him and pinching his cheeks with her fingers. It looked painful even from over here. "You've gotten hot your rascal. You worked out didn't you?"

"OW!" He screamed.

"Couldn't you be born to love my little sister and marry her and then die in the grave next door to hers? You are such a waste of precious goodness that I want to spit on you."

"OW! Carly is my sister you hag. Ow. OW! Move your damn fingernails, damn it."

I smiled and looked at Justin. "I'm so happy that you guys came to visit. We really missed you."