28

Today, before a detention was issued for me out of nowhere, I purposely left my homework in my locker to get one.

And waited for Alex inside the detention room.

I needed answers today. I didn't care what they were as long as I understood what was going on my life from this point on. Everything is so messed up right now that I honestly can't see where my future is heading. No, in fact, I'm not even sure if I had any control over my life right now.

Alex walked in with a smile on his face, his head tilted sideways and looking at me discreetly. "You want to talk to me, don't you? This time, I don't have to drag you here, but really, you wanted to drag me instead." He shrugged his shoulders and the smile disappeared. "Thanks, but I have a girlfriend to keep company. So find me later."

He turned around and started making his way to the door. Quickly, I got there before him, shut the door and closed it with the lock.

I turned around, back against the door, facing him with the anger I felt. "Did you do that to Bailey yesterday?"

His eyebrows shot up. "Do what?"

My nose flared. "Don't act stupid. Did you hit Bailey like that yesterday?"

He smiled. "I thought I explained to you before that this is how things are going to be now, no? We're not dating, so I can't cheat on you the same way you did, so instead, I'll just scare off every guy that shows any interest in you. I did the same thing with that kid in that party you went to a couple of weeks ago. Don't misunderstand. It's not because I want you back. It's for my own resolution. That's all."

I gritted my teeth. A dragon was growing inside of me as I stared at him with all the hate my heart can muster. This was the ignorance Justin was talking about that one time. He was so ignorant it was killing me.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?!" I screamed in his face. "My brother?! You hit my own brother you asshole! How dare you put a finger on him?!"

"You're not related in anyway. It wouldn't be weird if you two dated."

I punched him as hard as I could across the face, getting angrier by the second.

"My family means the world to me, so don't ever think of getting near Bailey again!"

He wasn't looking at me anymore, he was looking at his finger that he touched his nose with. There wasn't much blood, just a little spot on his finger.

"Three days." He said.

I stared at him.

"You could get suspended for three days if I go to the nurse's office right now and tell them about you." He smiled. "Thanks for giving me the chance."

He tried to round me, but I pressed my back to the door. "I'm not done talking yet."

"I am."

"I'm sorry for punching you, but you hurt my family."

"Funny thing is, Bailey isn't your family."

I gritted my teeth. "Once upon a time, you were too. Bailey is like that, but as a brother."

He locked his eyes with mine. "Once upon a time I warned you you'll regret leaving and cheating on me, and now you're giving me the chance."

"Once upon a time, I told you I'm not done talking."

He sighed in boredom. "What do you want?"

"Peace."

He snickered. "What the fuck are you saying? Peace? Are you that dumb?"