3

I sat at the lunch table with my two new friends, Katharine and her friend she introduced me to, Clint.

Katharine, short haired and smaller than even me, picked at her lunch burger. Clint, a guy who was one of the school's football players, snatched it from her and bit wholeheartedly into it without permission.

I found myself giggling again at the scene. This wasn't the first time it happened.

"I heard knight in shining armor kissed you yesterday." Katherine said, not minding what Clint did.

"Who?" I asked, biting my burger and eating like I would normally. Having friends who are laid back helped me act as normal as I would with my mom or Clair.

"Alex Knight. Ninth grade super built body, beautiful face, incredibly long soft hair and absolute hottie of the year. I heard he kissed you yesterday."

I continued eating, unaffected by her words. Clint choked a little.

I pounded on his back while he coughed and tried to regain his composure.

"You mean that butthole?" I clarified, "No he didn't kiss me. Apparently, he smelt something bad in the room, and to find it he sniffed me."

Katherine laughed.

"It's not funny. He needs to get down off his freaking high horse."

"He's hot, so he's aloud."

I stared at her. "You must be kidding! So if that guy does perverted things to you, you'd be okay with it?"

She shrugged. "Wouldn't even think twice about it."

I ruffled my hair in frustration. "I'm going crazy here."

"Why?" Clint asked.

"He seems to have everyone wrapped around his finger."

"Do you have a favorite celebrity?" he asked.

"Yeah. Ryan Reynolds."

"If you had the chance to marry him right now, would you refuse?"

I straightened up. "How did you know? That literally my dream?"

They both looked at me.

I moaned. "No way, Ryan and him have nothing in common. This guy is so indecent."

"You think that." Clint clarified. "Everyone else thinks of him as a big superstar, when he only used to be a Macy's magazine model."

My jaw dropped. "What?!"

"You clearly know nothing about him." Katherine said. "Alex Knight. Sixteen years old. Had to repeat eighth grade twice from poor attendance. Had more sex than a clowder of cats. Had more girlfriends than Orlando Bloom—"

Clint sighed. "There you go mistaken it again. That guy never had a girlfriend before."

I blinked in confusion. "Seriously?"

For a short moment I had some respect for him. Could it be that I was misunderstanding him?

"To us men, a girlfriend means a relationship with a girl for at least one week. Or three romantic dates. To him, all the girls that go out with him think they're his girlfriends, but in reality, they're only his toys. When he looks at the girl, he only thinks of her as an object to kill time with."

The respect vanished.

"In one word." Katherine added to what Clint said, "He's just a gorgeous player."

Next class was gym. It was one of the periods I disliked since I didn't know anyone there. Also because even though this is my second time coming down here, I still get lost from how confusing the hallways are.