11

I stood in a strapless long white dress with cute little sparkly heels. Clair had already taken me to Sally's to get my hair, makeup, and nails done, so now I stood there in front of the mirror, enjoying what I looked like all dolled up.

"I look pretty." I boasted. And I truly did. I never looked so beautiful in my life.

"Yeah, and that's the problem." Clair said. She took out her phone and called Justin. "Hey Justin. Since I'm doing a private session with my English professor tonight, I can't go with Carly to her prom. And the way she looks right now, she's going to need some manly protection."

"I'm a man." Bailey insisted, insulted.

"Shut up kid. Justin, come right now."

She hung up.

"You're a bitch like always Clair."

She took a hold of his ear. "Who told you to be gay, huh? Thanks to your man loving hormones, my sister is going to end up dating a loser, when she could just have you."

"OW! Carly's like my sister!" he yelled. "But I'll consider that as a compliment from queen bitch—OWW!"

I giggled and twirled in front of the long mirror. "I look so pretty."

Clair snapped her head toward me, "If you keep saying that, I won't let you go anymore."

I smiled and shrugged, still happy.

"Wow, look there." Justin walked in, bragging about a surprise he brought with him out in the driveway. "There's a limo out—" he looked at me, completely taken off guard. "Wow. Look here..."

I rushed to the door. "Limo? No way!"

"Whoa." I breathed in disbelief. There really was a black limo parked outside, with a driver too. "Justin, did you bring this?"

Justin pointed at me, completely ignoring my question. "Hey Bailey, doesn't she remind you of Clair when she was a freshmen. I mean, like a carbon copy of her?"

He nodded. "First thing I noticed too."

"Maybe it's because she started shaving..."

Bailey's eyes opened wide. "Carly started shaving? Since when?"

"For a few months now. She uses wax."

"No way... I thought that was for cars."

I covered my flushed face with my hands. "I hate you guys so much. And just now I was happy too."

Justin grabbed me in his arms, picking me up off the floor and running to the limo.

"Bailey, that school has a lot of hot guys. Bring condoms with you." Justin yelled behind him.

"Just skip to the chase and say you want me, you pervert." Bailey yelled back.

 I never realized that a Cinderella type of party entrance would ever happen to me. But tonight it did. As I walked around, everyone was nudging those around them saying, "hey, wait, is that Clair's sister? I never noticed before."

So yes, I was the talk of the homecoming dance. Before I knew it, girls were regretting ever bullying me and guys were passing by to take a glimpse of this pretty girl. From my point of view, none of them were disappointed.

Not only that, but girls were practically jumping over Justin. Since they expected Bailey to be my date, they saw Justin as available, and oh God did he get dance requests.

In the end, I ended up dancing with Justin just to shut them up, which ended up being a lot of fun. And when Bailey joined, we practically did this stupid group dance for the next hour.