17

The next day was just plain awful.

Mom said we were moving.

And I'd just about to have a heart attack from what she said, but then seeing my expression, she laughed and said. "Oh no honey, we're not moving far away or anything. Just to a smaller duplex nearby where your school is located. It's so cute, you should see it soon. Your bedroom has a balcony looking down on a river. It's so lovely. Oh and the neighbors are absolutely fantastic."

Turns out we're just selling this house since Clair moved out and it's so big for nothing. And mom is short on money. So instead, she found a small really nice duplex with two bedrooms a few neighborhoods over. I could walk to school even.

But then mom reminds me of the furniture, clothes, appliances, and blah blah blah, and I'm about to die. I never moved before, and it sounded so overwhelming.

Add that to everything happening between me and Alex lately, it's just plain awful.

Mom said that tonight she was going to stay late at the new duplex getting a few things done with some workmen and a furniture design lady. So she'll probably sleep over there instead of coming back here, and just drive back here tomorrow morning to make sure I woke up for school.

In school, things became even worse with Alex. Well, not exactly him, but the girls around him. The whole school seems to get the idea that we broke up and Alex is finally single. Girls went back to push up bras and heavy makeup, not to forget the flirting that had me fired up the rest of the day. I talked to Alex a few times, and he talked back as if everything was still fine. So I was still his girlfriend, it's just the fact that he won't put a finger on me and also our surroundings that had me so depressed.

Not only that... but there was something even more disgusting...

It first happened when I was in line to get my lunch, and before I knew it, a hand was slipping and cupping my butt. At first, I thought it was Alex. When I turned to see who, it was one of the big seniors smiling as if we were already dating.

He leaned in. "So how about it? Friday night I'll take you wherever you want."

I pushed him away, completely disgusted that his hands had touched me there, "Don't touch me!" I yelled.

Quickly, feeling so humiliated and used, I ran out of there to the detention room.

And I wish I didn't.

I stopped near the door because there were noises inside. And they seemed to be like the private moments Alex and I would have when we were alone in there, except a lot louder and coming mostly from the girl.

I was about to walk away, but then the guy says. "More than you'd think." And it's Alex's voice.

I freeze as my heart breaks down into a jog. I covered my mouth with my hand as the girl laughed.

"You want sex that bad?" she said in a cute voice.

Was she trying to seduce him? She sure sounded like it.

"Oh my god." I whispered under my breath. This couldn't be happening. No... it couldn't be happening... Alex and that girl...

No.

No.

No.

I ran away from there. I couldn't stand the idea of Alex being with another girl. Not a girl who laughs and says the word sex so loud and shameless like that. Why would he do that to me? Why would he even discuss sex with her? Why would he tell her he wants it more than she thinks? Was our time together not enough?