30

"Mom!" Clair yelled, looking at me in my bride's maid dress, "Why does she have to look like me. People are going to think she's the pride."

I laughed, because to be honest, I loved how I looked right now in my slim long dusty pink dress.

Clair looked incredible though, no matter how she complimented me, it was clear that she exceeded my limits of beauty. She was polished and wore a gorgeous white wedding dress. A long veil leaving the back. of her hairdo.

Mom came into the room for the first time and right away her face became overwhelmed with shock. Her eyes started spilling tears as she wrapped her arms around us both.

"Oh, look at my little babies. You're all grown up and beautiful now. I'm so happy I don't know what to do with myself."

She pulled back, looking over us with her hand pressed on her lips, fighting back a bawl. "Both of you look stunning. It hurts my eyes."

"You do too mom." Clair said.

And she did, mom wore a beautiful red dress and was dolled up for today's event.

Bailey walked in. "Wow." He said. "Who is this beautiful young lady?" he took a hold of mom's hand and bent down to kiss it. "If I weren't sexually aroused by men, I would have told those two maids to close the lights."

Mom smacked him across the head. "I'll accept the first compliment." But then checking him in his tux, she rubbed his back, the tears in her eyes welling up even more. "Even you look all grown up and handsome now."

"Who are you calling maids?" Clair insisted. "If I weren't so tangled up in this dress I would have kicked you in your man vagina right now."

Bailey stared at her. "So you can't move?"

"Don't you dare." She threatened, reading his intentions.

Bailey smiled and we laughed as he started provoking Clair.

The wedding was amazing. Mostly, I loved how Justin's face looked when Clair walked down the red carpet to him. He looked so incredibly stunned and happy that it made me, well, I know it wasn't the time, but it actually made me jealous.

After that, they both said I do and mom, Bailey and me stood up and clapped our hands off, crying so many happy tears.

Then the music started playing, and the bride and groom had the first dance. Slowly, the family, friends and eventually the guests too stood up and danced as well. I got to dance with Justin, who annoyingly yet really sweetly, kept asking me "Doesn't she look incredible?"

And so, Clair's wedding was a big success of happiness. Everyone was enjoying their time, couples were either remembering their wedding or planning one similar to this, and most of all Clair wore the sun on her face the whole entire time. She was happy, Justin looked like he won the lottery, and mom couldn't ask for a better son in law. As for Bailey, he was always a perfect duo with Justin.

We all sat on one of the big white tables that supported eight chairs. Moments later, mom asked for Clair aside so she can talk to her, and they both left.

It was when they were walking away and my eyes trailed after them that I noticed him, Alex. He was sitting with his mom a couple of tables away, girls that were invited to the party—a lot whom were Clair's friends—sat in the empty chairs, their attention all on him.

He didn't look uncomfortable though, he looked bored, maybe a little uptight from the girls yapping. He stood up and left to one of the waiters around. I watched him as he drowned two glasses of champagne on the spot, then grabbed another and stood against the pillar nearby, glancing at me.