3.

Italy.

Sun, art, pizza.

Definitely one of my favorite places.

"How's life treating you?" Piper asked, we were laying together next to the pool.

"Good, Lando is amazing" I said as I put my sunglasses on. "What about Charles and you?"

She shrugged. "It's okay, he's different you know"

"Different?"

"Good, calm" she summarized, but I'm sure she wanted to add boring to that list as well. "How was your life before this?"

"Also different" I took my sunglasses off and put them in my hair. "There's no dull day, but also no vacations like this, constant worries"

She sighed, looking ahead of her. "I still constantly worry about him"

"That will never change unfortunately"

And then the love of my life appeared next to me, wrapping his arms around me and laying down on my sunbed.

"You okay?" He asked, kissing my shoulder.

I nodded. "Yeah perfectly fine"

"Get dressed, I'm taking you somewhere" he smiled, pressing his lips against mine.

"Where are you taking me?"

"It's a surprise baby" another kiss.

I pouted. "Give me a hint"

He leaned closer, putting his face right next to my ear. "You'll get horny"

I nudged him and laughed. He was such an idiot sometimes.

But I knew exactly where he was taking me and I had to admit that I was excited about it.

———————————

He took me to a beautiful art museum. My favorite place in the world.

Except Lando's arms. That was my favorite place.

"This is so beautiful" I looked around. "Thank you for taking me here"

"Yeah I figured you needed some time away from Piper and Charles" he chuckled.

"Or did you need some time away from them?" I raised my eyebrow.

He smirked. "You know me too well."

They were the type of couple where you just saw that they weren't gonna last.
But on the other hand, maybe they were thinking the same thing about us.

We walked in the museum for about two hours, looking at the art, making flirty comments.

Just enjoying our time together.

I love him so much. So fucking much.

After that, we sat down together. We did that a lot, always did.

Enjoying the silence, looking up at the stars. I love these kind of moments with him.

"How are the stars tonight baby?" He asked. It was the first time in six months that he asked this question.

His question, our question.

His way of asking if he finally could ask me to marry him.

"No" I softly said. "I'm sorry"

He nodded but I could see the disappointment in his eyes. "Will you ever be ready?"

"I am ready - I just want Julian and Adam to be there"

It just wouldn't be fair that his family would all be there and mine wasn't.

Adam wasn't family by blood, but he's definitely my second brother at this point.

Don't tell Julian I said that.

"Okay, I understand" he said, putting his hand in mine and intertwined our fingers.

He leaned closer "Are you horny yet?"

I chuckled. "A little, but I bet you can make me even more horny"

"Okay" he got up, pulling me up and pulling me with him. "It's time to go baby"

I laughed as I walked after him.

And did I already tell you that I love having sex with him?