31.

We stayed in bed for a few days. Guess we both needed it.

But after that, we both needed to get some fresh air. I think he went to see Max, and I went to see my Pipes.

Had to know what went down between her and Julian.

We had dinner together. Talked about the wedding, about the upcoming races, but she was avoiding the topic 'Julian' at all costs.

I looked at her, my head tilted.

"What?" She said. I didn't reply, just looked at her.

She shifted in her seat, nervously. "What Nova?"

"Did you fuck my brother?" I asked. A pretty big guess but I recognized that glow.
The glow you had when you just had sex, a couple of times.

I recognized it, because I had the same glow.

"Wha-? No, why?" She chuckled nervously. "Do I have to call Julian and ask him?" I asked, grabbing my phone.

Wouldn't do that for real because he wouldn't tell. He never told me details about Piper.
That's how I know he truly liked her.

"No wait" she said, pushing my arm down. "Fine, yes, we had sex"

"Knew it" I said a bit too enthusiastically. "How was it?"

Immediately regretted that, but girls like to talk about those things, I just had to pretend as if she wasn't talking about my brother.

"It's always amazing with him" she shrugged. "But then we never know what we are after we had sex"

I rolled my eyes. "In love with each other?"

"Yeah obviously" she sighed. She actually admitted to it. "But you know how he is, you know what he does. I can't be a part of that"

"Right" I nodded.

"I am sorry Nova, didn't mean it like that"

But I obviously knew what she meant. Not many people could be a part of that life.

Hell - even I couldn't and I was literally part of that family.

"Let's go" I said after we paid. "I will take you to your hotel"

She nodded as she followed me.

"Or to Julian's place?" I laughed as I looked behind me. She rolled her eyes. "Hotel is fine"

But I knew she would rather go to Julian instead.

"I think your brother is doing shady stuff again" Piper said as we were driving back.

"Isn't he always" I shrugged, trying to concentrate on the road.

"Nah it's different this time" she said, I could feel how she was looking at me, desperate for me to say something, to talk to Julian.

But once Julian had something in his head, he wasn't gonna change his mind.

I tried that so many times before.

I quickly looked at her. I had to made her think about something else.

And I knew exactly what to tell her.

"I am pregn-" and even before I could finish my sentence, Piper pointed at the road. "Watch out!"

I looked back at the road and all I saw were headlights.

Before it went completely dark.