33.

Julian and I were sitting in the hospital for hours now.

Nova was in surgery, the doctor told us that she lost a lot of blood.
They didn't want to tell us anything about Piper, because we weren't family.

We were more family than her own family was. So I called Mclaren to get in contact with her family because I had no idea if she had family.

She never talked about them - never saw them.

Julian said she had a sister somewhere, didn't know if she still talked to her parents.

Julian and I both jumped out of our seats as the doctor walked up to us.

"She's still in surgery" he immediately said. "Did you discuss what we have to do in case her heart stops?" The doctor looked straight at me.

No we obviously didn't talk about that. We weren't thinking about that during our fucking wedding.

"Are you serious?" Julian chuckled sarcastically. "If her heart stops, then you gonna do everything to make sure it beats again"

The doctor took a step back, but I was actually grateful Julian answered exactly what I had in my mind as well.

"It's standard procedure Mr. Hayes" he looked at Julian, who just rolled his eyes.

The doctor looked back at me, waiting for an answer. "You heard him, do everything you have to do"

He nodded and walked away. I put my hand through my hair and sat down again.

Julian sat down next to me, after pacing the room for the past hour.
Never saw him as nervous as now.

"She's pregnant" Julian said all of a sudden. I quickly turned my head to him. "W-what? Piper is pregnant?"

He shook his head. "Nova is pregnant"

I frowned. "No she isn't"

"Yeah she is" he looked back at me and I could see he was telling the truth.

"We always used condoms.." I mumbled, more to myself than to him. "She can't be pregnant, we always used protection"

"It can't be mine" I got up, started walking around the waiting room. "Did she cheat on me or something?"

I looked at Julian who looked at me, unimpressed. "Did she cheat on me?"

Julian sighed and got up. "Mate, look at me" he grabbed my arm. "Calm the fuck down. She didn't cheat on you, it's yours"

"But how-" I mumbled before he cut me off. "Condoms can rip mate, I know all about that" he said the last part a bit more quiet.

"She-she's pregnant" I still couldn't believe it. "Why didn't she tell me?"

"Because she wanted to tell you in a cute way" he shrugged. "Guess I ruined that"

"I fucked up so many times" I said. "And now it feels like we didn't have enough time together. Felt like I had to still tell her so many things"

"Don't do that" Julian mumbled. "Do what?"

"You're saying goodbye" he pointed out. "Don't do that"

He was right. Don't know why I did that. It was just taking so long. So incredibly long.

Julian and I waited for hours. Hours that felt like days. It was middle of the night right now.

I felt a nudge in my side, Julian nodded at the doctor who walked to us.
Once again we both jumped up.

"I am sorry" he looked at the both of us. "She didn't make it"

Everything was happening in slow motion, I saw Julian and the doctor talking, but I couldn't hear them.

I was standing here, but I wasn't here, not really.

And then Julian looked at me. A light has gone out in his eyes.

He could say the same about me I bet.

Here's the thing about stars, for another universe, a star is also the sun.

Nova was my sun. She was bigger than the whole sky.

Hooked - part 3जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें