4.

Lando's POV

Nova was never gonna say yes if I didn't take matter in my own hands.

So after we enjoyed Italy, I told Nova I had to go to London for a meeting.

I didn't lie, I actually had a meeting, just not with Mclaren like she thought.

I had a meeting with her brother - not that he was expecting me. Not at all.

I've never been to his house, not inside at least. Dropped Nova off once.

I walked to his front door, his huge front door. What do I have to do?

Knock? Ring his doorbell?

I did the first thing, don't know why.

An older guy opened the door and raised his eyebrow. "Yes?"

"Is Julian around?" I asked.

The guy looked at me, unimpressed. "And you are?"

I assumed telling him my name wasn't what he meant.

So, I used Nova's name instead. "I am his sister's boyfriend"

That did impress him because he immediately took a step back. "Oh-right Lando" he nodded at a room. "He's in there"

"Thanks" I nodded at him, walking to, what I assumed, was the living room.

I walked in, immediately spotted Julian with a girl on his lap. Fortunately both with their clothes on.

I cleared my throat, which made them look at me.

"Uh, can't you see that we are bu-" the girl raised her eyebrow at me before Julian cut her off. "Leave"

She looked back at Julian, confused. "Wha-?"

"I said, leave" he nodded at the door. "Asshole" the girl whispered under her breath before walking out.

Julian adjusted himself, looking at me. "I have to admit, you've big balls coming here"

"Why? Is it dangerous or something?" I smiled, sitting down on his other couch.

He chuckled. "How are you and Nova?"

"We're good" I nodded. "She missed you"

He didn't respond to that, but I knew he missed her too. I could see that in the way his face softened.

"Look Julian, I want to marry her"

He nodded. "Yeah, kinda surprised it took you so long"

"I wanted to marry her years ago, but she will never say yes-"

He rolled his eyes. "Yeah she will"

"-because she wants you to be there"

He sighed. "Lando, you're famous, she is too, I can't show up at your wedding"

I was already expecting he would need a little convincing, but I thought he didn't want to come because of Piper.

"Why not?"

"Because I killed someone, robbed several museums" he shifted a little in his seat. "The police is looking for me and I don't want them to make a scene at your wedding mate"

"So you're hiding..." I looked around. "In your own house?"

"You really think the police is gonna barge in here? They're not that crazy"

Then someone walked in the room, holding his phone to his ear. He seemed around my age, maybe a little older.

"Julian we nee-" he stopped as he looked at me. "Adam, we're kinda busy"

"Yeah but this is kinda urgent" he pointed at his phone and Julian sighed as he got up.

"Good to see you again mate" he hugged me quickly. "Don't tell Nova you came to see me, for your own sake"

Wasn't planning on doing that. I guess I had to settle with being her boyfriend instead of having her as my wife.

I guess the stars will never look good enough.