26.

Not much later, we walked in one of Julian's clubs in London.

It was a nice club, but we went here for another reason too, which were free drinks.
The bartender knew me so he gave me free drinks all night long.

"What I would give to be a Hayes" Piper casually said, putting her lips against the rim of her drink. She didn't really realize what she just said, which made it even funnier.

"Don't say that too loud" Adam chuckled, looking down at Piper. "He might hear you"

"Is he here?" Piper asked, a little too enthusiastic. She was already looking around, but then realized her mistake. "Didn't mean it like that anyways, just wanted free drinks" she shrugged.

"Sure" Adam nodded, clearly not believing her. He sat down at our booth and it was only then that I noticed his girlfriend sat down next to him.

I looked at her, maybe a little too long, not because I was judging her, but because it was the first time I saw Adam with a girlfriend.

Still so weird to see.

"Don't know if you remember me, but I'm Khloe" she said, looking back at me.
Fuck, she probably thought I was staring at her because I didn't remember her.

"I remember, good to see you again" I nodded with a smile.

But I desperately wanted her to go, because I needed to talk to Adam.

Luckily, I had my Pipes who always understood me with only one glance. Didn't even need to raise my eyebrow or make any other expression.

"This is my song" Piper said - while the current song was already halfway done. "Let's go dance" she looked at Kelly, who also understood what was going on.

"You wanna go with us?" She looked down at Khloe, who didn't know what was going on but still nodded with a smile.

They all left, so I was left alone with Adam, who looked at me. "Nice" he said, clearly realizing what we did.

"I just have to ask you, will Julian be there tomorrow?"

He leaned back. "Will it change your answer to Lando tomorrow?"

"Probably not"

"Julian is being Julian again" he mumbled. He didn't need to explain further. "He's doing a job again?"

He nodded. "A pretty big one"

"And you're not helping him?" I asked.

"Still debating" he shrugged. So it was a sketchy job.

I thought Julian was better since that night he spend with Piper, but I didn't know exactly what happened. Neither him nor Piper wanted to tell me.

And the fact that Piper was still dating Charles, meant that maybe it wasn't as good as I thought it was.

"You'll be there yeah?" I asked hopeful. "I already told you baby Hayes, I wouldn't want to miss it"

I put my glass to my lips and finished it at once.

"Anyways-" Adam tapped the table with his fingers. "I should go, I don't wanna disturb your girlsnight."

But I didn't want him to go. He was the only one who would be there for me tomorrow.

Everyone else would be there for Lando.

His family - I don't have one.
His friends - I only have Pipes and Kelly, which were dating his friends.
His teammates.

Even though I love them too, his family, friends and other drivers.

I was gonna be completely alone.

No one, except Adam, would be there for me.

"Don't drink too much and don't do anything stupid Hayes" he got up, gesturing to get up as well, which I did. "And definitely say 'I do' tomorrow"

I nodded, wrapped my arms around him and enjoyed his hug.

"Thanks Adam, for everything" I whispered.

"Just so you know Nova" he said as he looked at me. "You're like a little sister to me and it would be an honor to walk you down the aisle"

And with that, he definitely confirmed Julian wasn't gonna be there on the most important day of my life.

"I would love that"