10.

Lando's POV

I don't know what Adam fixed, I don't know why he was so sure Nova would say yes.

She would only say yes if she was absolutely sure they would be there at the wedding.

Julian was clear about it - he couldn't attend our wedding so what did Adam fix?

I had absolutely no idea but it was worth a shot.

She didn't want to go to Italy, thought it was weird because we just went there.

I told her I wanted to take her there without Charles and Piper ruining it.
They didn't ruin it, but I had to come up with something.

Told her we were going for dinner, another lie but she would definitely think it's weird if I told her we were gonna go to yet another museum.

She got ready, was wearing a beautiful long black dress.

Fuck - she was so beautiful and I was gonna make her my wife.

I had to make that happen tonight. I just had to.

Please Adam, I hope you held your end of the bargain.

—————————————

"What is this?" Nova said as she looked around. "This isn't a restaurant"

"No it definitely isn't" I looked around, had to pretend as if I knew what this was.

As if I wasn't impressed myself.

The room was illuminated with dark blue light, yellow stars projected on the ceiling.

As if we were standing outside.

It was filled with art, just like a real museum, which I guess were all Julian's.

Soft romantic music playing in the background.

Fuck, this dude has outdone himself.

"Oh my-" Nova said as she walked to the paintings on the wall. "We stole this one on my birthday"

Okay - not sure if I wanted to know about that.

"And this one" she grabbed my hand, pulling me with her. "Is Julian's favorite - don't ask me why"

"Probably because it has naked girls in it" I chuckled. She tilted her head with a smile. "Possibly"

"Oh!" She pulled me with her to the next one. "And this one was Adam's first job, you see how it has a tear in it?"

I nodded as I looked at it.

"He was a little too careless with it" she chuckled. "Old painting are delicate, you have to be gentle with it"

She looked at me with the biggest smile.

This was a goldmine of beautiful art pieces and the police was probably looking for these things for years now.

But for her, each and every one of these pieces had a memory. They told the story of her past and she was sharing it with me tonight.

Now I understood why Adam was so convinced she would say yes.

I let her guide me through her personal art museum. She was the guide tonight.

And I listened carefully.

"Lando I-" she shook her head. "Thank you"

And I knew it was my time now. Adam did his part, now it was all me.

"So baby, this is your past and I know, I know you want to go back sometimes" I took her hands in mine. "But you don't, because you love me"

She nodded. "I do love you"

"I love you too baby" I chuckled, pecking her lips quickly.

"I know I can't promise you an exciting life like this" I looked around the room. "But I can promise you fuzzy blankets, laying down on the floor of the laundry room, lots of stargazing"

She looked up at the fake stars, a smile on her face.

"I can promise that you're gonna be loved, for always and forever"

She looked back at me, still holding my hand.

"So baby, tell me..-" I kneeled down on one knee, grabbed the box out of my pocket and opened it up.

"How are the stars tonight, Nova?"