✷ 002: Phone Call.

HIT ON ME ! by KissLeclerc
October 12, 2023 # "You're Joe King."

ANOTHER BEAUTIFUL day in sunny Los Angeles, California. Sprawled beneath the sun, its landscape a tapestry of opportunity. Glittering skyscrapers pierced the cerulean sky, casting long shadows over bustling streets, where dreams intertwine with resilience. Palm trees, like sentinels of the city, swayed gently in the warm breeze as the coastline's waves crashed and retreated in elegance. It was always the perfect getaway.

Thalia was in town for recreational purposes. Every hard worker needs a break from time to time, so she decided a one week getaway in one of America's finest cities was perfect.

Strolling along the sidewalk of Melrose Boulevard, bags in hand as she strutted down the street. Retail therapy was always a must for Thalia. She had just parted ways with her good friend Alex Consani as the two had bonded over brunch, soon going out to shop and thrift, putting together outfits they would soon wear for upcoming events.

Walking towards her car parked along the street, she was about to head back to her Los Angeles condo when she approached random guys posing with her car.

Laughing at them from a distance, she proceeded to walk forward and observe the men surrounding her vehicle before she cleared her throat. "Sick car!" She smiled.

"Ha, thanks. You got good taste, you like it?" One of them leaned on the hood of her car as she internally cackled. "Oh, I love it! Is it yours?" She questioned.

"That's right, baby." The man laughed as his guys hyped him up. "You wanna go for a spin?" The man asked as he slapped the top of her car twice, making her cringe.

"Id love to!" She laughed as his expression faded away. "Right now?" She asked as the man clearly attempted to keep his cool.

"Uhh... Well, I don't want to invade your time but-"

"Just move out of the way." Her face deadpanned him and his friends as she pressed the button on her keys. "Off my car, idiot." She shoved past his friend group as he backed away from her car. "Embarrassing."

Storing away her shopping bags from boutiques and thrifts into the trunk of her sleek dark gray McLaren GT, Thalia continued to eye the group of men that were admiring her car before she got in and sat at the driver's seat, glancing at her appearance in the mirror.

She soon started up her car, slightly showing off by revving her engine in front of the group, putting on a small show for them, when she received a call from her manager. Letting out a slight groan, she put on her sunglasses and answered the call.

"Calvin, how may I assist you on this lovely afternoon?" Thalia sarcastically smiled as she was already dreading the conversation. "Thalia darling, how are you? How's that little Los Angeles vacay of yours going?" He questioned.

"It was going swimmingly until I received a pain in my ear... Oh, wait! It's the fact you're calling me when I'm supposed to be enjoying myself!!"

"Always so sassy. That's why I love you!" She could hear the sarcasm laced in his voice.

Thalia and her manager, Calvin Sinclair were always good friends. He knew what was best for her and she always had respect for him. They were close in high school, and when she soon rose to fame, booking modeling shoots and runways left and right, he stuck by her side before she eventually hired him as her manager since she didn't trust anyone in the industry more. And after all, they made it far.

"What do you want?" She asked as she began to drive away.

"Okay well, I'll just cut to the chase.." He paused. "Please don't hate me for this." Calvin began. "I know you're on vacation, taking a break from New York and modeling and this and this and that. But..."

"Don't say anything that will piss me off, Cal." Her left eye practically twitched, as her hands gripped the wheel roughly.

"I booked you for a talk show on Saturday night." Calvin quickly blurted before she said nothing and quickly hung up in harsh anger.

Collecting herself, she tried to stay calm since she was after all, driving on the streets of Los Angeles, but Calvin began to call her back.

"THALIA." Calvin's voice erupted after she tapped answer on her dashboard screen.

"Calvin, You have three seconds before I send a hitman to your house." She gritted through her teeth. "What the fuck do you mean I'm booked for a talk show... Whose talk show even- Oh.. Oh don't you dare say-"

"Jimmy Kimmel."

"CALVIN SINCLAIR IM GOING TO-" She yelled, trying to keep herself steady on the road. "Calvin. When I fucking catch you." She took a deep breath. "You're JOKING. How. Why. When. WHY?" She was livid.

"Thals, I am so sorry. Seriously. I-"

"Cut the apologetic bullshit, I'm not forgiving you. The answer to why you did this to me is the response I'm looking for." She spat with irritation as she heard Calvin sigh.

"I owed someone a favor. Remember my friend Trent? The one that got your seats boosted at The Grammy's?" He questioned as Thalia took a deep breath. "Yes." She responded coldly.

"Jimmy's guest for Saturday got into an accident and they were unable to find a replacement and Trent works at the studio, so he reached out to me since he saw that you were in town and so I had to return a favor so I-"

"Count your fucking days." She interrupted him, clearly annoyed at the sudden change of plans for her weekend. "I'll be there. But I hope you know I am not at all happy with this." Thalia grunted.

"YES! THATS WHY I LOVE YOU BABE!" Calvin cheered over the phone. "Yeah, yeah." Thalia scoffed. "Just don't be shocked when I punch that racist prick in the nose on live television." She groaned.

"Please don't do that! That's bad PR!" Calvin said nervously. "And that's whose fault?" She sassed back.

"Fair point." The boy laughed awkwardly.

"Whatever. Now if you look behind you, outside your penthouse window, there's a sniper waiting to shoot you across the avenue. Have a lovely DEATH." Thalia said with a grimace before hanging up.

"THALIA??-" Calvin's voice was cut off before she swiped away and began playing music through her dashboard screen. Relaxing her muscles and back, she leaned into the seat of her car and huffed in irritation.

"Idiot." She mumbled under her breath as she approached the street of her LA apartment condo.

VERA'S VOICE.
im crying i love her so bad LMFAO
thank u for reading baes xx

Hi Belle.