✷ 007: A Reunion.

HIT ON ME ! by KissLeclerc
October 18, 2023    #    "Fuck You Too, Universe."

              LOCKING EYES, with an unfortunate familiar face, Thalia felt frozen. The odds were definitely not in her favor. She took a deep breath as she was staring at the one and only British idiot she had mocked and nearly killed the other day, standing right in front of her.

"Ah! There you are!" Laura smiled as she re-joined the group, the lady probably assuming they all had just met for the first time... Which is sort of the truth.

"Lando, Oscar, meet Thalia! It girl of Chanel, one of our endorsers and celebrity representatives this weekend. Our golden girl is what we're calling her." She began an introduction. "And Thalia, this is Lando and Oscar! McLaren's very own drivers." Laura finished while the pair who had a very recent encounter just stared at each other in shock.

"Erm.." Oscar looked at the two. "Uhh... Nice to meet you." He nudged Lando to snap out of it before giving Thalia a handshake.

"Nice to meet you too..." She said, not taking her death glare off of Lando.

"I'm Calvin! Thalia's manager. Very honored to meet you both!" He quickly interrupted the tension, moving Thalia away from Lando.

"Sorry, Am I missing something?" Oscar spoke up.

"No— Uh—" Lando began to stutter.

"Alright, can you guys get together for a quick photo op? I see our photographer coming this way, and we'd like some pictures for the Instagram account pronto!" Laura mindlessly ordered them to get to work right away.

"Yeah, wait, I just need a sec... Uh... Cal? I NEED GLOSS." She stared at her dear friend with crazy eyes, panicking as she used the emergency phrase the two have so the other knows when to get out of the current situation.

"Oh! Yes, yes, got it. Right away!" Calvin jumped to it quickly, grabbing Thalia's hand and distancing themselves from the group to rethink many things.

"YOU'RE JOKING RIGHT?" Thalia began to harshly yell, turning her head to see the McLaren team staring at them awkwardly from afar as they mindlessly spoke in a panic.

"HOW DID YOU NOT REALIZE??" Calvin grabbed her by the shoulders. "YOU DIDNT THINK TO EVEN SEAECH THEM UP? HOW DID YOU NOT KNOW?"

"Calvin. I DIDNT EXPECT TO SEE THIS FREAK HERE." Thalia argued as Calvin grabbed a lip gloss tube from his little shoulder bag.

"HIS FACE WAS PLASTERED LIKE ALL OVER THE PLACE HERE. IVE TRIED SHOWING YOU PICTURES..???" Calvin was nearly at a loss of words.

"Thalia, sometimes babe, you're a little silly!" He tried to calm down. "Ugh, JUST CALL ME AN IDIOT. I DESERVE IT." She rubbed her temples in irritation.

"Thals, will you be okay?" Calvin finally calmed down as he opened the cosmetic to retouch up her lip. "I don't think so. I literally want to punch him in the nose. I also said very mean things to him and I feel like this is just not gonna work out and I am terrified and you know what? Fuck you too, Universe. Like why are the stars not aligning in my favor, I don't get why—"

"Okay, Thals. Babe. Breathe." Calvin rubbed her shoulder as he reapplied more lip gloss. "Mmm! Lips together!" He instructed. "Perfect." He closed the tube and put it back in his bag. "Fab, as always."

"Professionalism is your middle name." He stared at his best friend. "You are extremely good at keeping your personal feelings aside in order to do business. And it's one of your best traits." He complimented as she began to smile.