✷ 037: Incoming Call.

HIT ON ME !      by KissLeclerc
February 9, 2024    #    "Eager, Much?"

               AS THE PULSATING beats of the runway music faded into the distance, Thalia stepped off the catwalk and into the sanctuary of the green room. The adrenaline rush of her strut was quickly replaced by the fatigue that weighed down her limbs. The air was thick with the scent of hairspray and anticipation, mingling with the subtle fragrance of designer perfumes.

In the hazy glow of the backstage lights, she peeled off her heels as she entered a mindless conversation with Calvin who was waiting for her, feeling every ache and blister protesting against the glossy facade of Fashion Week glamour.

"Hello?" Calvin repeated himself. "Are you listening?"

"Huh?" She was taken out of her trance as she opened her eyes from exhaustion, turning to her right where Calvin sat parallel from her. "What were you saying?"

"Girl, are you okay?" He adjusted his body so his knees could point toward Thalia. Indicating that his full attention belonged to her.

"Oh. Yeah." She shook it off. "I'm just tired of this already." She laughed. "I don't know how many more runways I can do this week."

"Girl don't worry, you got this." He reached over and pat her on the knee. "Three more runways and then you're just a fashion week attendee until your finale walk on the 14th."

"Not to mention your appearance on Jimmy Fallon coming up..." He added as she groaned. "On the 13th by the way."

"How about one more runway, and then I die."

"So dramatic and for what?" Calvin laughed at her, crossing his legs as he pressed his friend for answers as she glared at him knowingly.

"Oh." He quirked a brow. "You miss Lando..." He bit down a snicker as Thalia reached over and smacked his knee. "DON'T SAY IT." She held a finger to her mouth, telling him to quiet down. "Girl???" He looked at her in confusion. "Why are you still in denial about liking him?" Calvin questioned as she took a breath.

"I'm not."

"Okay then say you miss him... I would miss him too if he spoiled me for like 3 days." He chuckled as he turned to his phone, beginning to scroll.

"That's not why I miss him you doof." Thalia deadpanned.

"OH, CONGRATULATIONS!" Calvin shot his head up from his phone. "You admitted something!" He shook her hand as she abruptly yanked his grip away, scolding him in disgust.

"I hate you, so, so much." She sighed before her phone began to ring as if it was the perfect timing.

Glancing at the device facing screen down on her green room vanity, Thalia switched gazes awkwardly between the ringing phone and her best friend. "Are you gonna check who it is orrrr..." Calvin quirked a brow as she bit down a smirk.

Letting out a groan towards her, he snatched the phone off the vanity, checking who it was. "It's your boyfriend." He rolled his eyes, showing the call request from Lando.

"What do I do." She stared frozen at the screen, Calvin quirking a brow at the fact she didn't deny the label.

"Answer it?" He cringed, handing it to her.