✷ 011: Meeting The Grid.

HIT ON ME !      by KissLeclerc
October 20, 2023 # "Landalia."

           "SO HAVE YOU, or have you not seen Twitter?"  Calvin approached Thalia, questioning his best friend. "Don't piss me off. I did and I'm frustrated." She groaned, blowing a strand of hair out of her face.

"Thalia Tran and Lando Norris spotted walking together in pit lane?" Calvin read from his phone. "A couple that would break the internet." He laughed as Thalia took off her McLaren headset, shoving it in Calvin's arms. "I need a cigarette." She mumbled, even though she doesn't even smoke.

"Okay babe, rest your face. You're gonna get wrinkles!" Calvin hung the headset back up onto the wall. "Loosen up! You're interviewing the drivers soon." He mentioned as Thalia took a breath, nearly forgetting about such a thing.

"Fuck." She muttered. "I need to search up the drivers."

"One step ahead of you! I already know all of their names." Calvin smiled as she rolled her eyes. "Any of them—"

"Gay? No." Calvin sighed as Thalia snickered. "Already looked it up."

"I was gonna ask if any of them are an eligible bachelor for me as a joke but, okay!"

"Oh, there is!" Calvin knocking smiled. "Who?" Thalia eagerly asked.

"Norris, Lando." He laughed as her expression fell. "You have three seconds to run." She said with a cold face.

"Kidding!! Kidding!" Calvin quickly came to his own defense. "I just think it's hilarious he's one of the few that are single." He shrugged, making Thalia scoff.

"Rich and good looking like the rest of them, he just probably has a terrible personality." She crossed her arms as Calvin's mouth fell.

"Oh, so you think he's good looking?" He grabbed her hand, holding it tight. "What?? I did not say that." Thalia's eyebrows furrowed.

"Girl, don't even try to gaslight me." Calvin scoffed.

"I did not say he was good looking?" She defended herself as Calvin just let it go. He knows what she said anyways.

"Ah, Miss Tran! There you are." The two were interrupted by an unfamiliar face. "Practice is about to end, it's time to get you ready for your segment."

"Oh, god." She whispered to herself. "Perfect!" Calvin spoke up, putting an arm around her. "Alright, Follow me." The woman smiled before walking off.

As they were escorted to a spot at the end of the pit lane, Calvin swiped through his phone, showing and naming different drivers for Thalia to learn, just like how he did for her before she partially hosted The Met Gala on the red carpet last year.

"And this is Lewis Hamilton—"

"Oh WOW." She gasped, grabbing his phone for a closer glimpse. "Absolute hunk." Calvin whispered. "I need him."

"Okay, keep it in your pants." She laughed.

"Do you want a headset or are you okay with a microphone?" One of the camera men asked Thalia. "A microphone is good." She quickly responded as they handed her the familiar object with the red brand printed on the black mic sponge.