✷ 047: Miami.

HIT ON ME !      by KissLeclerc
May 4, 2024    #    "Protecting My Peace."

          EVENTUALLY, RACE WEEKEND had soon arrived, catching Thalia by surprise. The unforgettable hum of Formula engines and the lively atmosphere as fans filled the circuit were once again, a welcoming sensation to her ears.

Despite having only attended a grand prix three times, the vibrant energy of these weekends had already captured her heart, making them one of her favorite things to attend nowadays.

Arriving Wednesday night, she had a rush of anxiety overtake her body. Knowing she had to face him at some point this weekend.

Not even her well known ability to keep things professional were easy to bring out. Thalia couldn't bring herself to face Lando, or be near him at all after some certain and newly realized feelings she had.

On Thursday, she was required to film a couple videos with Oscar and Lando for the sake of media content and reels for the McLaren Instagram. It was very obvious to Lando she was avoidant as she was barely even looking at him, along with the fact she found herself leaning towards Oscar more.

And unfortunately for him, the Australian driver was caught in their crossfire. Already aware of certain things that went down. He found it as his place to not do anything and let them settle it on their own regards, even if they were both stubborn people and he knew that.

Thalia avoided Lando, and in result, he avoided her.

Thinking she was slick about it when she really wasn't, the media eventually picked up on her behavior change around the British driver. Stans on Twitter found it upon themselves to analyze her actions towards the McLaren driver.

Doing exactly one of the things he wanted least.

And when they approached Friday, Lando had finally tried to talk to her. But luckily for Thalia, she was already in the midst of tending to other duties. Easily blowing off the conversation she had been dreading and putting off.

She practically planned to disengage from having it the whole weekend. She was terrified of the confrontation of her feelings.

She was in denial when deep down she was fully aware she loved Lando Norris.

And she knew she'd have to talk to him eventually. She was just afraid that he didn't feel the same.

And that wrecked her.

Maybe Thalia back in January would've been certain Lando felt the same, but now she wasn't so sure. The constant avoidance of wanting to keep them private and not knowing if he wanted anything serious with her anymore told Thalia otherwise.

So as the weekend progressed, she consistently found herself caught in a whirlwind of emotions. Each passing moment of ignoring Lando brought a mix of longing and desire. She just wanted to run to him and hug him every given moment but the thought of potential rejection engulfed her body.

She was just very, undeniably. terrified.

The first boy she loved, not loving her back?

That's beyond frightening to think about for her. Especially as the girl known to keep her walls up and run from every bachelor thrown her way.