✷ 044: Own Good.

HIT ON ME !      by KissLeclerc
April 6, 2024    #    "Enlighten Me."

                 STANDING IN THE Mclaren garage, Thalia watched the final bits of the grand prix, clapping happily for Lando who was going to finish P5.

At some point throughout the race, a cameraman panned to her standing beside Calvin, with a headset on. She intently watched the stream before seeing that her was face zoomed in on. She couldn't help but feel awkward before smiling and waving to the camera.

She had barely seen Lando throughout the day. Being at a race recreationally rather than on a working schedule was a little more boring than she anticipated, Thalia was barely able to see him and Oscar or much of the drivers throughout the entirety of race week.

Exhaling at the satisfaction of another successful F1 weekend, Thalia happily waited through the final needs all the drivers had to attend to after a race ended. And since Lando didn't podium, she didn't have to wait as long.

Continuing to mingle with Calvin as the two stood near the media center. They watched Lando on the side as he finished up his final post interviews for the day. Thalia observed a nearby screen with subtitles.

"Yeah, so it wasn't the best race but anything to get some points in." Lando said, looking exhausted. Hands on his hips as he spoke with a reporter about his P5 placement.

"Very well, Lando." The journalist replied before moving on. "And lastly..." She continued. "The world wants to know what is going on between you and Thalia Tran." The subtitles made the model's brow raise.

"Everyone has seen the McLaren pictures, she was in the garage watching, is there any confirmation you'd like to address? Is there a romantic spark?" She brought the mic to his face, a visible sigh and attitude escaping his lips.

"No.." Lando shook his head. "Not at all, definitely not." He laughed as the reporter joined him. "It's just rumors."

Glancing at Calvin as shock overtook her body for a brief moment, her best friend was thinking the same thing. "Why would he say it like that?" He asked as she began to shake her head in disbelief. "Why can't he just confirm it?"

"That kinda hurt." Thalia laughed nervously as she felt a small sting in her heart. "Uhh..." She rubbed the back of her neck.

"Do you need a moment?" Calvin asked.

"I mean I—" She stuttered. "I understand him? But I also don't know. Maybe he and I need to have a conversation." She shrugged before taking a deep breath.

"I think I'm gonna wait for him in his resting room." Thalia notioned. "I'll text you later."

"You sure, babe?" Calvin questioned as she nodded. "Yeah, I'll debrief everything later." She assured him before walking off, running a hand through her hair.

Proceeding to walk back towards the McLaren garage and paddock, Thalia began to mindlessly fidget with her manicure as she battled a new rush of emotions she never really felt before.

She understands Lando wanted privacy but she doesn't get why he was so quick to deny it, or even seem disgusted at the question. It just hurt her a little bit.

She just wanted answers.

Walking into his driver room with no problem, Thalia sat on the familiar bed, beginning to mindlessly wait for him to come back.