✷ 021: Hot Lap.

HIT ON ME !      by KissLeclerc
November 15, 2023    #    "It's My Death Bed."

                 THE DAY AFTER THE PARTY, Thalia had a couple back to back meetings regarding her Formula One weekend, and the plans on endorsing Chanel, which she had a hard time powering through as her hangover wasn't the best state for her to be doing all of that.

Toning it down the rest of that evening, she woke up the next day after, still feeling like hell and unable to remember much from two nights ago.

Thalia once again struggled to wake up in time in order to get ready for a day of work with the McLaren team, and Formula One itself. As she was given minimal detail about her meetings and duties to attend to today, she still stuck to her usual F1 attire that consisted of an all black ensemble, with a papaya orange hat.

Finishing up her final touches to the look, she spritzed on one of her favorite Chanel perfumes that brought a citrusy vanilla scent to her aura.

"You ready?" Calvin asked as she adjusted her earring. "Yeah." Thalia yawned, squinting under the bright lights. "I have a massive headache though." She mumbled as Calvin got straight to looking through his purse. "You don't happen to have any—"

"Here." He handed her a tiny traveling tube of Tylenol.

"Life saver!" She smiled before getting two capsules, and quickly downing them with a gulp of water from her water bottle.

"Now, let's go." Calvin glanced at his watch. "Laura said to be at the circuit pronto." He slightly scolded.

Nodding at his sense of urgency, Thalia quickly ran a hand through her hair before picking up the vintage Chanel purse that sat on a chair.

Quickly taking Calvin's hand, he immediately yanked her out of the room and dragged her through the hallway with urgency. "Okay! Slow down, slow down—" Thalia nearly tripped as they got on the elevator.

"Let me do my job, I'm your manager at the moment." He stood up straight as she snorted.

"Hey can I talk to my best friend, real quick?" She asked as Calvin's demeanor rested, smiling at her in response. "Yes?" He said happily, indicating that his "best friend" mode was on.

"Can I have my best friend all day?" She asked as he took a deep breath. "Yeah." He rolled his eyes. "I guess."

"Perfect!" She said happily as the elevator door opened, Thalia quick to exit with Calvin on her tail.

Walking with purpose through the lobby, the two exited the hotel through the familiar spinning door, immediately spotting the chauffeur at the front. They got into the vehicle with no problem, and began to await their arrival to the LV Strip.

"What are we doing today exactly?" Thalia asked as she pressed her lips together, rubbing in her newly reapplied lip gloss. "Uhhh..." Calvin opened his email.

"You are doing..." He paused. "A hot lap?" He quirked a brow and glanced at her. "I don't exactly know what that is but it says you will be doing it with Oscar— no, no wait. Lando.. and that's for the Formula One Youtube channel."

"Shit." Thalia mumbled. "Ugh, whatever." She mindlessly spoke to herself. "Continue?"

"And then with both Lando and Oscar, you will be building a McLaren lego set with them, while they you ask the internet's most searched questions about them."