✷ 004: Kimmel Live!

HIT ON ME !      by KissLeclerc
October 14, 2023 # "I Do Not Care."

SITTING IN THE greenroom, getting final touch ups for her appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live, Thalia was chatting with Calvin since he flew out to be physical support. Even though he was her manager, he was still one of her dearest friends.

"10 Minutes til show time, Miss Tran." One of the studio directors approached Thalia. "Thank you." She smiled as the makeup artist finished powdering her face.

"You look fab." Calvin smiled, "Well, duh." She responded.

"So, are you excited for next weekend, doll face?" Her manager asked he sipped on a smoothie. "Why would I be?" Thalia asked. "I know nothing about racing..."

"That's beside the point I'm trying to make, I ask this because all the race car drivers are incredibly attractive. Did my research." Calvin smirked as Thalia rolled her eyes. "Keep it in your pants, Cal."

"Those McLaren boys specifically, are mighty fine. But I'd love to climb those Ferrari drivers like a tree. Just saying."

"Keep it... in your pants."

"I think you'd love the McLaren boys— Look!"

"I don't care." Thalia's expression dropped as she grabbed the smoothie out of his hand and took a sip.

"Do you want to see? Girl, have you not even considered looking up Formula One or at least the drivers... You're gonna be working with them for a weekend...?"

"Yeah, just a weekend! Hopefully... Just a weekend." Thalia said as she handed back his smoothie.

"Come on, just have a look!!!"

"I do not.... care...." Thalia whispered. "You are such a bitch." Calvin shook his head. "The one and only." She smiled sweetly as she scrolled through her phone.

"Thalia come on just one look—" Calvin tried to show her pictures but she looked away. "Don't piss me off because our taste in men is very different and I know you're about to show me the most rancid looking men ever. I don't want to look." She covered her eyes as Calvin groaned in her face.

"I quit as your manager." He crossed his arms.

"Thank God." Thalia stood up from her seat, and straightened out her black dress, completely ignoring Calvin with a smirk painted on her face.

"Thalia, you're on soon!" The directors noticed her. "That's my cue to leave, babes!" Thalia smiled. "See you later." She bid her sweet friend goodbye, strutting out of the green room.

Walking through backstage, she was instructed to stand at a taped mark to await her entrance and cue. She was able to hear Jimmy talking from behind the curtains while one of the producers made sure her mic was working and ready.

"Thank you!" She softly smiled as the producer held a thumbs up.

"Our first guest tonight is the epitome of elegance and confidence, breaking out as the new It Girl of Chanel, the people of America adore her, please give a warm hello to the beautiful, the amazing: Thalia Tran!" She heard Jimmy's introduction, smiling at how sweet it was.