✷ 029: A Talk.

HIT ON ME ! by KissLeclerc
December 22, 2023 # "Say Yes."

                SAT GRACEFULLY on a cushioned seat, Thalia's fingers tangled together with nervous energy, a reflection of the anxiety that coursed through her veins. Surrounded by her dedicated team of stylists, makeup artists, and hair experts, they worked in harmony, each focused on their tasks with precision as they had the mission of making sure she looked flawless for the illustrious Chanel gala.

Waiting for Calvin to arrive with her extra sweet chai latte, a comfort treat for when she felt nervous, she mindlessly spoke with her beauty team, in attempts to ease her mind.

"Homemade chai, just how you like it!" He finally came back, a small mug in his grip, handing it to her. "Oh, thank you." She smiled, taking a relieved breath.

"Now remind me why you need your comfort beverage?" He crossed his arms, taking the vacant seat next to her as the team of stylists were annoyed by his distracting presence, but they knew they couldn't really say anything, he was her manager after all.

"Just nervous for the gala." Thalia lied, taking a sip from the warm beverage.

"You went last year, what's so different?" Calvin continued to dig into her mind.

"Hm, let's see!" A sarcastic tone laced in her tone. "Maybe it's because a couple months ago I've been appointed to being the muse and cover girl of Chanel." She shrugged, coming up with an excuse. "And in case you forgot..." She said through a laugh. "This is the Chanel holiday gala."

"Do not sass me." Calvin was taken aback. "I know you better than anyone else." He scoffed. "I know you're bullshitting me right now."

"Am not!"

"Ah! There it is. You're being defensive." He pointed in her face as a makeup artist slapped his hand away. "Sorry." He apologized.

"I am not being defensive." Thalia scoffed as he crossed his arms, giving her a knowing glance as she rolled her eyes again.

"This has something to do with Lando, and you're not telling me." He muttered as she looked at him with a death glare. "You don't know what you're talking about." She spat.

"Maybe I would if you told me what happened last night." Calvin shrugged, Thalia internally groaning a loud scream in her mind.

"Nothing happened." She mumbled.

"Really? So you're saying me and Sol didn't interrupt anything last night when we stole you away from him?" He quirked a brow, Thalia trying to stay still for her beauty team.

"Nothing... happened." She mumbled, trying to brush off the butterflies that filled her stomach as the moment replayed in her mind.

"Liar." Calvin snickered, knowing his best friend too well.

"Don't piss me off." Thalia side eyed him.

"I won't stop until you spill." He looked her up and down as he crossed his legs and leaned back into his seat with a smirk.

Thalia's mind trailed off as she tried to concentrate on preparing for the upcoming event. However, Calvin's presence and intense gaze only added to her distraction.

Internally wrestling with the decision to finally confide in him about the events of the previous evening, she felt a sense of humiliation at the idea of admitting that Calvin had been right all along.

She might have a thing for Lando Norris, and it made her feel embarrassed.

She didn't want to like him.