✷ 046: About You.

HIT ON ME ! by KissLeclerc
April 24, 2024 # "Communication is Key."

                  AS THE SUN STRETCHED its golden fingers across the beautiful landscape of Monte Carlo, Lando found himself catching up on quality time with his dear friend, Carlos. Amidst a symphony of chirping birds and the gentle rustle of leaves, the towering palm trees swayed in the breeze, casting dappled shadows on the emerald fairways, while the distant murmur of water features added a serene backdrop to the scene.

"Wow, you are still very bad." Carlos snickered at Lando's stance and swing.

"Oh, come on!" Lando scoffed. "It was a good one!" He argued like the little sibling he was to the fellow driver.

"Watch and learn, my friend." Carlos shoo'd him away, taking a step forward to set up his ball before swinging.

"Like that." He said cockily as Lando rolled his eyes at how much better he was, soon teasing Carlos with a light shove at the shoulder where he soon got one in return.

With a shared laugh, the two made their way towards their golf cart and made their way to where they had hit their golf balls. The scent of freshly brewed coffee mingling with the aroma of freshly cut grass lingering in the air.

It was the first time in a couple days that Lando had gone out. Unmotivated to do much ever since the argument, he was out of his element.

His change in behavior didn't go unnoticed in Shanghai, and eventually Oscar got him to talk. Not that it helped anyways.

He really missed Thalia.

An he was very aware he screwed up in his own way.

Feeling drowned in his own sadness, he considered it pitiful how much he allowed things to affect him, he was aware a majority of it was his fault due to his lack of communication.

However, when Carlos extended a casual invitation to play golf while he was in town, Lando took it as an opportunity to connect with a cherished friend and perhaps receive some much-needed encouragement and maybe words of wisdom.

"So, how's everything going with Thalia?" Carlos asked as he got out of the golf cart, the timing of the question feeling almost perfect.

In response, Lando took a deep breath. The weight of his recent conversation with her heavy on his mind as it's been for weeks. "It's been rough," He admitted, teeing up his ball with a sense of determination.

"Yeah I noticed." Carlos chimed. "She didn't go to Shanghai."

"Yeah..." The McLaren driver said awkwardly, beginning to practice his swing. "We had this argument, and it's really been on me, the more I think about it."

Carlos nodded sympathetically, his gaze fixed on the horizon. "Relationships can be tricky," He said, his voice calm and reassuring. "But sometimes, all it takes is a little patience and understanding... communication is key."

"My advice is—"

"I don't know if I want your advice." Lando cut him off as he leaned against his golf club. A cold expression from Carlos in return. "What's that supposed to mean..."

"You don't have the best dating history..." He mischievously laughed as the Ferrari driver playfully held up his golf club as if he was going to hit Lando with it, but was obviously not going to.

"Do you want any advice at least or no." Carlos crossed his arms as he shrugged before going deep in thought.

"I just wasn't sure if I was ready for something serious in the public eye." Lando confessed, his voice tinged with vulnerability.

"The more we got closer, the more I realized we'd be in the spotlight if our relationship were public." He vented. "You remember what happened back during that PR girlfriend? Everyone ripped the girl to shreds."

"The past is in the past, mate." Carlos' Spanish accent was stern. "I don't know Thalia very well but I don't doubt that she is very media trained. She should be able to handle it and you shouldn't doubt that fact. She also seems very strong willed."

"I just don't know if being with me is good for her image at all—"

"I get it, mate." Carlos interrupted before hitting his ball. "Dating in the industry is hard." He shrugged. "People tend to analyze your relationship and dating life a little too hard to the point it drives the other away."

"Oh, yeah. Bet you know loads about that."

"Mate." Carlos deadpanned.

"Sorry..." Lando snickered. "Proceed." He pointed with his golf club.

"But how do you feel about it?" He asked. "Do you plan on talking to Thalia about it anytime soon?"

"We planned to talk when we got to Miami." Lando explained. "This month apart was for the both of us to think, and I've realized I care about her deeply, but I'm afraid I can't give her everything she needs."

Carlos listened intently, his steady presence a source of comfort to Lando. "It's okay to have doubts, Lando," He said, his tone gentle yet firm. "But don't let fear hold you back from something that could bring you happiness."

Lando nodded, his thoughts swirling with a mixture of apprehension and hope. "I just want to be perfect for her," He said as his grip tightened on his club.

"She wants to be with you, no?" Carlos askedZ

"Yeah... she made that one very clear." Lando exhaled through his nose as the two were now lost in their own conversation, forgetting they were even golfing.

"Lando." He turned to his friend. "I think you should take the chance and be with her." He advised. "If being with you makes her happy, and you care about her. The only harm is your doubts."

"I feel like I've messed everything up."

"That's the doubts in your head." Carlos proved his point, giving Lando a knowing glance.

"I know her though." The McLaren boy sighed. "I'm afraid I might've messed it all up. Maybe during this month apart she's realized she's better off without me."

"Doubts." He tapped on Lando'shead.

"Stop it!" Lando slapped Carlos' hand away with a laugh. "I just don't know anymore."

"You are so stubborn. I've been giving great advice." The Ferrari driver scoffed. "Relationships sometimes come with sacrifices. And if you care about her as much as you claim to." He paused.

"Then be with her. And together, you both can navigate whatever challenges come your way."

"Right." Lando nodded before they fell into a deep silence

Finally putting their attention back on their round of gold, the sun climbed higher in the sky with each passing hour. Lando felt a sense of clarity wash over him. With Carlos by his side, he knew he had the support and guidance he needed to confront his fears and embrace his feelings.

As they reached the final hole, Lando glanced over at his former teammate, a grateful smile playing on his lips. "Thanks, mate." He said, his voice filled with gratitude. "I needed this."

Carlos returned the smile, a silent understanding passing between them. "Anytime." He replied, his gaze steady and reassuring.

"After all, that's what friends are for."

VERA'S VOICE!
carlando moment. who else died.

2/6 🥹🥹
hello belle, elena, ameer
love love love vera