✷ 013: Qualis.

HIT ON ME !      by KissLeclerc
October 21, 2023 # "Get A Room."

WALKING BESIDE CALVIN, Thalia was on her way towards the McLaren garage. After The Sprint Race had ended, she and Cal went to grab a quick bite to eat before Qualis began. The two mindlessly gossiped, debriefing once again about Thalia's segment on F1 TV the night before.

"You really know how to fluster a man." Calvin laughed as Thalia sipped her iced tea. "Well, yeah! It's one of my many talents." She shrugged with a smirk. "I need your game card." He sighed before they were greeted by multiple McLaren employees.

"Just the girl I wanted to see!" The two were quickly interrupted as Lando approached Thalia.

"Just the boy I did not want to see!" She sarcastically smiled, looking him up and down as the upper half of his race suit sat tied around his waist.

"I would've thought you missed me actually." He shrugged as Calvin let out a snort. "God, get a room you two." He mumbled as Thalia elbowed him in the stomach.

"Oh, how charming..." Lando said awkwardly as Calvin tried to keep it together and hold in his pain.

"Can you clear your throat?" Thalia crossed her arms as she cringed, keeping eye contact with Lando.

"What—" He asked before clearing it anyways, letting out a small cough noise. "What for?"

"Why do you still sound the same?" She raised a brow, quickly glancing back at Calvin in confusion before looking back at the familiar driver.

"What do you mean..." Lando was curious.

"You sound like you have the nastiest chunk of mucus stuck in your throat. I can't even describe how badly I hate the sound your voice." She insulted, Calvin gasping.

"Oh!" Lando began to nod. "Just the sweetest soul, aren't you?" He smiled back sarcastically.

"Well, of course!" Her soft grin shined her bright teeth as Lando smiled back. "Like a chihuahua." He continued as she scoffed.

"What do you want?" Thalia questioned, feeling already sick of talking to him.

"Just needed to ask a question." He stated as Thalia made a face for him to go ahead and ask away.

"I actually watched your full Interview last night." He admitted. "Just wondering if you actually think I'm cute." He asked as Thalia was taken aback.

"Uh. I never said you were."

"You said "no comment" and blushed. I'm not delusional, I know you think I'm attractive."

"So you overanalyzed my interview?" Thalia asked.

"I'm just waiting for you to admit that you have a little crush on me." Lando flirted as Calvin groaned.

"Hit on me one more time and I swear—"

"You both make me sick." Her best friend spoke up as Lando laughed.

"Yeah, I'm done here." Thalia's expression fell. "It would be such a shame if your car EXPLODED right about now." She joked around as Lando's mouth fell.

"You know you're supposed to be rooting for McLaren... right?" He asked with a shocked smile, pointing at her hat.

"I'm at least rooting for Oscar." Thalia replied, Lando's lips forming a straight line.

"Thanks, Thals!" The Aussie overheard her as he was coincidentally walked by, giving Thalia a high five.

"Good luck out there!" She sent him a sweet smile and wink before glancing back at Lando, sending him a nasty look up and down before she walked away from the situation, leaving just him and Calvin.

"Is she always that mean?" Lando asked, breaking their brief silence. "Always." Calvin nodded with his arms crossed.

"It's cute." Lando briefly said with a smile before letting Calvin be, and walking back over to his engineers.

The afternoon soon went on, Oscar and Lando getting back into their vehicles in preparation for Qualifying. Thalia and Calvin put on their headsets as they waited for it all to begin.

Calvin tried his best to explain to Thalia how Qualis worked, as he's been doing for the last 48 hours during Free Practices as well, she was a quick learner anyways.

She watched the screens within the garage as a disappointed frown painted her face, seeing that Logan and Alex were already out, but soon cheering after seeing her McLaren boys, well specifically Oscar, made it to Q2, soon moving onto Q3.

Calvin and her mindlessly spoke with one another as they watched the rest of Qualis, Thalia quickly catching herself, when she was excessively clapping for Lando's sudden time bump along with Max's deleted time for track limits that lead Lando to P2.

The garage erupted in applause for successful positions on the grid for both Lando and Oscar, soon bringing the duo back into the garage.

As soon as the two hopped out of their cockpits, Lando found himself walking toward Thalia as she fixed her hair from the headset she had on.

"Nice work." She subtly smiled as Lando took off his helmet and began shaking his sweaty locks all over her once again.

"YOU ASS?" Thalia grunted in annoyance as he laughed at her frustration. "You're actually disgusting!" She glared at him as he ran his fingers through his curls.

"I'm nice for once and this is how you repay me, UGH!" She continued to complain as she wiped off his nasty sweat droplets off of her chin and arms.

"I appreciate your kindness." The British boy smiled. "So much that I shall dedicate my grid position to you."

"Is that supposed to mean something to me?" Thalia replied, unimpressed as he rolled his eyes.

"It's supposed to mean a lot actually, yeah." He replied before biting down on his bottom lip with a wide grin.

"Win a race first?" Thalia shrugged. "Maybe then it will mean a lot to me!" She sarcastically smiled as Calvin laughed, leaving Lando left speechless with his mouth agape, but the corners still lifted in a subtle smile.

"Anyways, if you need me." She paused before looking back at Calvin, "You can contact my manager!" Her voice ringed in sarcasm before she walked off.

"You're the sweetest, Tanya!" He yelled as she flipped him off from behind, not turning back once.

"She's really something..." Lando said as she watched her strut away. "You have some drool there." Calvin pointed at his mouth.

"Wipe it." He finished his statement before smiling at the driver and following after Thalia.

VERA'S VOICE!
hi. thanks sm for 5k read
smoochiessss ^_^

also feeling like i've lost the plot
idk what im doing rn!!!!!! but gp chapter
coming soon

hi belly.
bye bye, love vera