✷ 005: Media Day.

HIT ON ME ! by KissLeclerc
October 18, 2023    #    "You Are Such A Bummer."

          AFTER A SMALL, but very needed break, Thalia was finally back to work. It was early in the morning and she had just landed in Texas for the weekend. Although she was a pretty well known celebrity and practically had it all, she still wasn't very accustomed to her newest luxuries, such as a private flight and personal drivers.

Arriving to the hotel where she'd be staying for the weekend, there were a lot of people awaiting her arrival. Paparazzi at every corner, giving no privacy to the girl who just wanted to check into her hotel.

After a bit of difficulty and a whole lot of Calvin talking for her so she didn't end up behind bars for the words she had in her mind, the two got settled in their own singular suites before getting ready for the day.

McLaren had sent Thalia a care package for the weekend which included the tickets for the weekend along with access passes, jackets, hats, and other merchandise she was planning on looking at later.

Starting the weekend off tame for her first public F1 appearance, Thalia threw on a simple all black outfit with her fine statement Chanel jewelry. The outfit consisted of a corset top, wide and baggy fitted jeans, with simple panda dunks for comfort.

Grabbing the lanyard provided from McLaren which Calvin said was an all access pass, she continued to put on one of the orange hats provided in her PR box.

"Just a sec!" Thalia called out to the knock at her door as she adjusted the chunky golden hoop on her left ear. "Well, hello there." She smirked while she leaned against the door frame as Calvin walked in.

"You're stupid." He said unamused as she rolled her eyes. "You ready?" He asked as Thalia examined his outfit which consisted of an orange button up shirt and cream pants. "Cute, It's giving creamsicle!" She said with a sassed tone as Calvin looked her up and down.

"Okay emo ass, giving mysterious alpha." He crossed his arms as she quickly flicked his ear in offense.

"Fuck you." She laughed at his statement. "Anyways, what's the plan?" Thalia asked, trying to sound interested as she grabbed her purse, confirming she was ready to leave.

"We should be heading down to the circuit, meet some of the team and what not." He checked his phone. "There should be a chauffeur waiting for us downstairs."

"Sick. What about for the rest of the day?" She asked as the two began walking out of the room. "Uhhh, pretty sure you should be meeting the two drivers for McLaren after their press interviews for the day are finished; names are... Lando Norris and Oscar.. Piastri.. says here." Calvin took a brief pause.

"Then they said they want to try and have you do interactive video challenges with them... They suggested Lando and Oscar try to do your makeup with the newest Chanel makeup line or they try and see who can style the best Chanel outfit for you. Should be for the McLaren YouTube channel and other social media reels." He explained, reading an email from his phone.

"Oh god." Thalia grimaced. "I'd rather have them style me instead of having them touch my face with their grimy little hands."

"Again, you have one job, and it's to be present and look pretty." Calvin pat her shoulder.

"Yeah, of course. Sounds easy. I can do that." She took a deep breath.

"You got it! So, lighten up! It's just four days here, nothing more to it." Calvin noticed the smug look on her face as they walked through the lobby.

It was very clear to Calvin that she really did not want to be here for the weekend. Being as uninterested as she is, Thalia didn't even attempt to do research. The stubborn girl didn't even think to look up who she'd be working with, or what she would even be representing... She was planning to go through this weekend by just winging it.

As the duo walked outside, Thalia noticed a couple of guys being nearly trampled by what seemed to be groups of fans as they politely signed things and clearly tried to get out of the situations they were in as soon as they could. She assumed these were some of the racecar drivers that were staying in the same hotel as her.

"Oh that man is FINE." Calvin pointed at an unfamiliar man while Thalia took a quick glimpse, giving no reaction. "You are so blind, that man IS fine." He tried to make a light out of things as the two finally got into their private ride.

"ME? BLIND?" She shot him a look as he laughed. "So what if that guy looked a little older! He has DILF written all over him!" He exclaimed as the driver gave the two a look through the rear view mirror.

"I am so sorry.. for his words." She apologized as the man laughed. "It's his first time here... he's from Russia." She blatantly lied as he pinched her arm.

The driver thankfully had some sense of humor and began laughing with the two before driving off for the day.

Meanwhile...

"Lando, you little girl, HURRY UP, We're already late!" Oscar groaned at his teammate as the two were prepping to have their final press interview for the day, alongside other drivers. It was supposed to be light and easy with not too many questions, but in front of a big live crowd.

"Alright, give me a moment!" Lando adjusted the shoelaces on his left foot before following the Australian boy who had already left him behind.

"What else do we have after this?" He asked Oscar while the pair walked side by side. "Something about the Chanel girl and doing some more media content."

"Chanel girl?" Lando asked with clear confusion.

"Why are you confused?" Oscar asked. "What's the Chanel girl?" He repeated himself with more of a question.

"Do you not get told things or what? I'm confused as to why you're confused..." Oscar stared at him.

"Ah! There you two are!" One of their PR managers ran into the pair. "Hurry! They're about to announce the both of you, so come on, follow me... And next time please be on time." She scolded before she guided them as Oscar gave Lando a glare.

"I was never told about a Chanel girl, what even is that?" Lando aggressively whispered.

"I don't know, it's just some model who's the cover of Chanel or something. She was invited for the weekend." Oscar explained as they got backstage before being handed two microphones. "She's here for good publicity I guess? She's well known in America."

"Do you know her name?" Lando questioned.

"Now for the McLaren boys! Give it up for Lando and Oscar!" They suddenly heard an introduction for themselves before their PR manager quickly shoved them towards the entrance of the stage where they saw a line of seats with Charles Leclerc, Carlos Sainz, Logan Sargeant, and Alex Albon already sat.

"Tanya or something? I don't know, I can't remember. We're supposed to meet her after this, so just sit tight." Oscar briefly said before walking forward and interacting with the live crowd. He waved to everyone before taking a seat next to Logan while Lando quickly followed behind and went around to take the last vacant spot beside Carlos.

"Well, it's nice to finally have you all be here! So, let's begin, shall we?"

VERA'S VOICE!
had to cut it here because it was gonna be way too long if i kept going... next chapter should be out soon.. yeah!!

Hello There Belle. SHOUTOUT!