✷ 016: An Embrace.

HIT ON ME !      by KissLeclerc
October 23, 2023    #    "U.S.S Melodrama!"

                "THIS IS BAD..." Thalia sighed as she scrolled through social media, looking back and forth between her screen and Calvin. The two were sat in a private jet, set on course to Milan, where Thalia's next event was.

"It's not the end of the world, Thals." Her best friend groaned. "It's just an innocent hug."

"IT WAS AN EMBRACE, CALVIN." She defended.

"Okay, okay!" He held up his arms in defense. "It was an embrace..." He said, weirded out.

"God. It was an embrace." She shut her phone off, bringing her legs up against her chest, beginning to groan. "I can't ever drink again. It's so over."

"Again, Emphasis on Captain of the U.S.S Melodrama." Calvin said, looking at her unimpressed.

"How did this happen? How could you let them post that?" She shot a look at him as he stared at her in awe.

"Oh, Sorry!" He gasped. "I had no idea I had a say in what MCLAREN posts!" Calvin said with sass. "Ugh, I knew you were gonna blame me for your alcohol tolerance." He sighed. "You drank 4 glasses." He continued with no emotion.

"I don't remember anything at all." She huffed in annoyance. "First of all, drunk on wine is INSANE." He began to insult her as she just took it.

"You know how bad my tolerance is." Thalia sighed. "And everyone on the internet making it such a big deal, isn't helpful, I FEEL SICK."

"Girl, I have never seen you this defenseless." Calvin began to laugh. "Over a hug is crazy."

"AN EMBRACE, CAL. IT WAS AN EMBRACE." Thalia corrected him as he laughed even harder.

"Didn't you hug that Logan guy during your segment?" Calvin brought up as she scoffed. "I pat his back, he pat mine. It was barely even a side hug." Thalia explained as he shook his head in awe. "She's insane." He thought.

"You know I never touch people. I have never even given you a hug like that." She scoffed. "I feel gross."

"GIRL, YOU ARE SO."

"LET ME BE, OKAY? It's just so out of character for me. I was tipsy and like." She sighed. "LANDO, OF ALL PEOPLE???"

"And Oscar!"

"I DO NOT CARE???" Thalia freaked out on him. "They only posted me and Lando!" She said while pointing at her phone. "You know what?" She took a breath. "At least it's only a month away before I see him again." She said as Calvin intently listened.

"I'm on my very way to focus on my things, as he focuses on his. This hug won't mean anything in a month!"

"So... Is it a good time to mention he and some other Formula One drivers are attending your next show..." Calvin quickly spoke, Thalia being unable able to pick up on what he said.

"Huh?" She wanted him to repeat.

"Oh nothing, just like." Calvin paused to think of an excuse. "Fuck, I can't keep it from you." He couldn't come up with a lie in time.