✷ 035: The First Date.

HIT ON ME ! by KissLeclerc
January 9, 2024 # "Token Of Appreciation."

              SLOWLY OPENING her eyes, the soft afternoon light filtered through the curtains, casting a gentle glow over the bedroom where Thalia slept. Blinking away the remnants of sleep, she glanced around, noticing the empty space beside her on the bed, slightly taking a breath in relief, and deciding to investigate where he went later.

Reaching over to the nightstand beside her, Thalia grabbed her phone to see that it was already mid day, realizing she'd been asleep for nearly 12 hours.

She sat up, stretching out her arms and letting out a yawn when a note caught her attention, lying neatly folded on the pillow where Lando had slept.

With a mix of anticipation and curiosity, she reached for the paper, her fingers brushing against the smooth sheet. As she read his words, she soon made a connection about his whereabouts.

"Good morning Tanya!" She read the note, quirking a brow to herself as the time was literally 4:00PM.

"I thought you would have wanted to wake up on your own terms so I left you as you were. If you've found this note, it probably means I'm out, but don't you worry, I am just gathering some final things before our date tonight." His words written neatly as she mindlessly read, a smile tugging at her lips.

"If you're hungry, I've ordered you room service. So relax, enjoy yourself, and prepare to have the best date of your life." Thalia was reaching the end of the note.

"Be ready by 6:00. I will be picking you up by then! See you later chihuahua!" He signed the note with his name, a smiley face, and a sloppily drawn heart.

Rolling her eyes at how corny he was, she set the note down and smiled to herself, her heart warming with the thoughtfulness of his gestures. With one more stretch for comfort, she rose from the bed, feeling renewed and refreshed from her uninterrupted slumber.

Standing up, Thalia went ahead and checked herself in the mirror, taking her hair out of the braids she left it in last night, before smoothing out the wrinkles in her pajamas. With a satisfied nod at her appearance, she made her way out to the living room of the suite, noticing a cart of food practically waiting for her.

Along with the assortment of sweets and fruit baskets, Thalia noticed a small wrapped gift on the counter where the kitchen sat, curiously walking up to it with another note with Lando's now familiar hand writing.

"A little gift that Calvin left me with for you. Not too sure what it is exactly, but enjoy!" She read before glancing at the gift, picking up the tag to see Calvin's familiar handwriting.

Fearful as to what it could've been, Thalia looked around the suite as if she was being watched before unveiling the ribbon and lifting the lid with curiosity.

With an immediate scoff escaping her lips, she rolled her eyes and closed the gift shut in embarrassment before running back to the bedroom, laughing to herself as she grabbed her phone. Unlocking the device, she mumbled curses to herself as she went straight for her pinned messages and immediately FaceTimed Calvin, awaiting his answer.

After not picking up, she was quick to dial him again, sitting patiently on the bed when he finally answered, his eyes closed shut with a dark ambiance surrounding him, when Thalia suddenly remembered that time zones exist.

"What do you want." He mumbled through annoyance as she did the math and realized it was 3:00AM in New York where he was.

"I just want to say you're fucking insane." She was quick to scold, laughing in reaction to him opening his eyes in confusion and attempting to adjust to the bright screen of his phone as his eyebrows furrowed.