✷ 045: Realization.

HIT ON ME !      by KissLeclerc
April 18, 2024    #    "I Am."

                 BASKING IN THE WARM LA SUN, Thalia and Calvin walked the streets of Sunset Boulevard, enjoying a break from the world of runways or race cars.

Strolling along side by side, their faces hid behind oversized sunglasses with minimal paparazzi trailing behind them like persistent shadows, cameras flashing like distant lightning.

After what was a long work out session at the gym, the duo headed back towards Thalia's familiar McLaren that she was known to keep only in her hometown in California.

The car that also sent her back many months ago to a very fond memory.

Approaching the vehicle, the model waved and blew kisses to some of the media hounds, laughing at the desperate shouts for her attention before getting into her drivers seat.

"So, where to?" Thalia quickly asked, looking over at her best friend who was mindlessly scrolling on his phone, as per usual.

"Anywhere." Calvin shrugged. "I just need to eat something."

"Okay... can you choose?" She quirked a brow as he subtly glanced up at her with a dead expression. "I'm not that hungry!" She defended herself after receiving that look. "I'll just drive, I don't mind."

"Girl, if you don't wanna eat, then it's chill." He sighed as she facepalmed. "Hey! If you're hungry, you're hungry! What do you want?"

"No! It's fine." He was being difficult.

"Oh my god okay, I'll eat with you. Let's go." She groaned as he shook his head. "No— It's okay!"

"Oh please." She muttered under her breath. "I'll just drive to Chipotle." She mumbled, taking no time to start her car in annoyance.

"Thals, it's fine—"

"Just shut up, I'll kill you." Thalia held a hand to his face, emphasizing her need for him to be quiet. "And Chipotle sounds really good now that I think about it." She bit down her laugh and began to drive off.

Continuing to mindlessly bicker as the best friend duo they were, Calvin soon just let her do what she wanted and shrugged it off. Deciding that maybe Chipotle did sound good.

Taking aux, he began to play his playlist of the day. Him and Thalia jamming out casually in the common Los Angeles traffic, making what would be a short 15 minute drive across the city into an hour at best.

"I can't believe we sat through this everyday in high school." Thalia brought her leg up and came to a full stop as that was how bad the traffic was.

"And you were ever so kind to drive me home everyday too." Calvin smiled as she snorted. "Yeah. Get a license, freak." She adjusted the grip on her steering wheel. "Oh, I'm good."  He shook his head.

"I don't need it in New York, so I'm fine living without it." Her best friend shrugged happily with a smile as she just smirked at him.

"Couldn't have asked for a better passenger princess anyways." She said sweetly as he quirked a brow.

"Nice for what..." He backed away as the girl beside him scoffed. "What, can I not be nice?" She crossed her arms and continued to go forward in the slow traffic.