✷ 048: And The Winner Is.

HIT ON ME ! by KissLeclerc
May 5, 2024 # "I Love You."

            AFTER DNFING YESTERDAY, Thalia couldn't find it in her to talk with Lando after she saw how frustrated he was. The timing just wasn't right once again. When she walked towards the garage after the Sprint, he was in a little heated talk with his engineers and mechanics.

So she thought it was best to just let him cool off for the night and maybe talk to him the next day... Even if it was race day.

Now standing in the bustling McLaren garage, Thalia felt a knot of nervousness tighten in her stomach as she tried to catch Lando's eye. Surrounded by the hum of machinery and the focused energy of the pit crew, she couldn't shake the feeling of feeling out of place even if her Paddock Pass said otherwise.

Each passing moment only heightened her embarrassment, her cheeks flushed with self-consciousness as she stood awkwardly to the side, unsure of how to approach him amidst the chaos.

She shifted her weight from one foot to the other, her gaze darting nervously between Lando and the mechanics, hoping for a moment of his attention amidst the flurry of activity but it just wasn't working.

"Bad timing." She thought to herself as he was immersed in his own deep conversations with the pit crew.

Lingering a little while longer, she gave up. Realizing how soon the drivers had to get on the track. She told herself to just shoot him a text later... maybe even catch up to him somehow, but she wasn't even sure anymore.

Turning on her heel, Thalia just headed towards the hallway with an intention to exit, deciding to just leave it.

But little to her knowledge, Lando had caught her figure walking off. He knew she was standing there. He just didn't know how to get Andrea to stop talking.

"Can you give me one moment." He cleared his throat, holding a finger up to shush the engineer. "I'll be right back."

"Lando? You need to get in your car soon!" Andrea said in confusion. "I need to pee!" The driver lied through a complaint before running after the girl.

"Thalia—" He called out, the girl freezing in her tracks before she turned around. "Shit." She muttered to herself.

She didn't expect him to chase after her.

"Thalia.." Lando inched closer as she slowly crept up to him. Soon meeting each other at a reasonable distance as she shoved her hands in the pockets of her McLaren leather jacket. The tension rising so harshly.

"Hi..." Was all she let out as he looked to the side in slight annoyance. "What were you doing in there?" He asked, motioning back to the garage as she huffed a breath.

"Was gonna talk to Oscar before the race but, he was busy." Thalia was quick to lie as he caught on. Rolling his eyes at the fact she thought she could easily lie to his face.

"Are we even gonna talk about it?" He quickly asked as she felt her heart sink. God damnit. "I—" She took a breath.

"Are you even capable of having this talk right now?" Thalia was quick to deflect as she referred to the time crunch he was on since the countdown to the race was going down by the second.

"I don't know I just—" Lando paused to gather his words. "We haven't talked all weekend." He stated the obvious.

"I know." Thalia frowned with a nod. "I'm sorry." She was quick to apologize as he shook his head.