.01

Chapter One

"Can he be here until I fall asleep?" I ask the nurse. She nods slowly before putting me to sleep. I smile weakly at Louis as he places bunch of kisses on my hand. "I'll be okay, Lou. I'm a tough woman."

"I don't want anything bad happen to you. I will die, Lane. I will die." He whispers. It's ironic the fact that he fears my death while when we're together we fight a lot.

I'm starting to get dizzy and sleepy, "Where's Kelsey?" I manage to ask and he knows I'm falling asleep, I can tell by the way he panics. He doesn't want me to fall asleep.

"In the waiting room with Lawrence."

"All right." I breathe. I close my eyes and whisper, "Remember, same feelings but inside a working heart."

"Yes, love."

It's the last thing I hear before I pass out.

The next thing I feel, it's something stinging me. I hear shouts and a male voice saying 'clear!' There's also a constant beeping next to me. I open my eyes just to be blinded by a white light. A pain in my head welcomes me and there's a hand on my cheek.

"Mia, you're alive...," the man cries and I blink slowly. I'm unconscious for a moment, "Don't scare us like that, baby. Don't do this again, please."

"Mummy!"

I sit up and look at the man with long, curly hair and green eyes. There's two kids behind him crying, they look like – they are twins. I rub my eyes and let out a sigh.

"Who are you?" My voice sounds husky. The man frowns and he looks at the doctor. I look at him warily. That is not my doctor. "What's going on?" I look inside of my hospital gown and realize there isn't a scar on my chest. "How did the surgery go?"

"Mia?" The man cups my face.

"It's Laneece." I move his hands away and his eyes widen. "Who are you?"

"I'm your husband, Mia. I'm Harry Styles, don't you remember me?" He then gestures me toward the twins, "Halpert and Harriet? Our children?"

"I think you've got the wrong woman." I bite my lip and look at the doctor, "Where's Louis?"

"Who?" Harry asks. "Who's Louis?"

"Stop with the prank," I shout, "What's going on?"

"Mrs. Styles." The doctor places a hand on my shoulder, "You don't remember who they are?" I cringe.

"Should I?" I knit my eyebrows. "He's not my husband. They're not my children."

"Do you remember what happened to you?"

"What happened to my heart transplant?"

"Ma'am you had a serious car accident. You were in a coma and you were dead for fifteen seconds." He says and I shake my head. This can't be happening. What is this?

"No, no that's not it. Where's my Louis? Kelsey? Lawrence?"

"Who is this Louis, love?" Harry holds my face again and I slap his hand away.

"Don't touch me!"

He looks taken back hurt. His cheeks and nose are pink as well as his children.

"Tell me your name, how old are you and everything you know about yourself." The doctor asks me.

"I-I'm Laneece Tomlinson. I'm twenty-five. I'm married to Louis Tomlinson and we have a beautiful daughter named Kelsey. We live in Doncaster, and we pretty have a suckish life."

"No, no, no doctor what is wrong with her?" Harry panics. I feel so bad for him, but I don't know him. He's nothing to me. "Baby, you're Mia Styles. You're twenty-three; you're married to me and have twins, Halpert and Harriet. We own a big art company, we're millionaires..."

"Don't overwhelm her." The doctor tells him and I roll my eyes. I'm going to kill Louis for this.

"Tell Louis to cut the crap."

"Mia, you have amnesia. While you were in coma, you hallucinated and created a different life and woke up thinking you actually live it." He almost had me believing him. I know it's not like that. I know Louis. He's real. My daughter is real. My idiot neighbors are real. The struggle is real. My life is real.

A moment later, they asked Harry and the kids to leave the room. The doctor and nurse had left to check my exams results. I stand up and my legs hurt. Why do I feel so short? I walk toward a bathroom and I scream when I look at... myself... in the mirror. I'm different. I look different.

My blonde hair is now brown. My brown eyes are now green. I'm shorter. I have freckles on my cheeks. This is not me.

I'm in a different body.