.24

*needs edit*

. . .

"So, how is it been like in New York?" Lawrence asks and Louis looks up from his hamburger with a mouthful. He looks at me for help and I clasp my hands together.

"Terrible." I say truthfully, not wanting another lie come out of from my lips. I know it's not the kind of help he wanted from me, and now he looks embarrassed.

"How come?"

Louis swallows, speaking before I can, "Tough work, that's all."

"Is it?" Niall asks. Louis nods.

"We've been fired." I say and Louis looks at me in disbelief. I shrug.

"What? Louis you went to New York to do good."

"It's not his fault. It's the nasty Harry Styles." I say.

"Hm, Harry Styles." Lawrence says as Kelsey begins to touch her baby bump and look at me surprised. I grin at my little girl. "Your husband." She emphasizes, knowing the lie and truth.

After that, Louis brings his cup to his lips and stares at me solemnly. When he's done, he licks his upper lip.

"Yeah, her husband."

I look down at Kelsey and tap my lap, and she sits. I braid her hair.

"So when are you leaving back to New York?"

"Tomorrow." Louis answers and my heart leaps.

"Too soon?! I hope you're here when I'm ready to poop the twins out." Lawrence says.

"Three and a half months into pregnancy and she thinks she's about to poop them out in any second." Niall chuckles and Lawrence glares.

"Are you really leaving tomorrow?" I ask him in a whisper.

"You're coming with me obviously. There's nothing to look for here."

"This is where you live."

"Lived. I live in New York now."

"But New York sucks."

"The people – some ­people, but not New York. It'll get better, I know. London is not for an American girl like you."

"And you would know..." I roll my eyes and Kelsey gets off my lap to show Lawrence her braid, "A British guy in America."

Louis smirks, eyeing a busy Lawrence and Niall before grabbing one of my thighs and he meets my eyes, "New York is the city of love. You showed me that."

I look at his fingers on my thigh and it takes me back to our hot make out session in his gallery house which almost ended up in sex.

"Harry is sick, he's sick. He wants me in an asylum." I say to him. "He called me. He said he doesn't anymore, but you never know where you stand with him."

"I'll hide you." He shows me the palm of his hand. "I'll put you in my hand and I'll put you in my pocket and I'll protect you forever. I just can't leave you here in a place you don't know - or do you know? Do you know London?"

"No." I say and his hand leaves my thigh.

"Okay." He nods, grabbing his burger again. "You're coming with me. End of discussion."

I notice Lawrence and Niall laughing with each other. I search for Kelsey.

"Where's Kelsey?" I ask.