.21

Sorry for this. I'm horribly sick.

L. T

After I make her dinner, we sit in the balcony and we drink. Mia's breath smells like champagne and it reminds me of Laneece. There are few things from her that reminds me of my wife like for example: that morning after staying at Niall's house she drank a caramel coffee or that she prefers champagne than any other drinks, or the way she kisses me. Maybe it's all in my head, maybe the loss of my wife affected me that I'm trying too hard to find a little bit of Laneece in a woman.

But Mia makes me feel like I've known her from somewhere. Maybe we met in another life and just by thinking that, I want to paint every wall in a world. She makes feel okay despite my career of being a painter is falling apart. I'm not alone. I never was. I have Kelsey and Mia came into my life just when I needed support.

"When you left, I started painting something but I haven't finished it."

"Why?"

"When you left London, I started to forget how you looked like. I didn't want to look for your pictures in the internet, I wanted you to be with me – in person, so I can finish it."

"You're making a portrait of me?"

"Something like that... I still have to figure out the title of it. So far I've only thought of 'Everything'."

"Sounds like it's going to be a great title and a great painting if it's going to have my face in it." She laughs. She looks so happy as if Harry didn't affect her. I wonder what she's gone through, what's going on through her mind and who she is behind her amnesia.

"Want more champagne?" I offer.

"If you don't like champagne, why do you have a bottle?" She gives me her glass as I serve her more.

"I want a reminder that she existed." I hand it back to her. She freezes and looks down at the liquid with pink cheeks. "Is that weird? I don't want you think I'm holding on. I don't want to hold on anymore, but I also don't want to forget she existed."

"Death is a cruel thing, isn't it?"

"I hate that word." I say truthfully.

She puts the glass down and moves from her chair, sitting on my lap. I love how comfortable and confident she is to do that. She rests her head on my chest and I breathe in the soapy smell. She took a shower right after we kissed and she's wearing a white shirt of mine. She isn't wearing a bra.

"Stay tonight." I say. "Don't go back to him."

She looks up at me, "I'm still married. I hate it but... I don't want to make things worse."

"Don't fight it. I know you have responsibilities; house, children, and a job to find, but... just one night. Sleep with me."

"I really want to." She says. "I'll promise we'll have that but"-

"I just want you to take you away, run away, run away from everyone." I don't want to make the same mistakes I did with Laneece. I want to make her happy.

"We'll run away. I promise." I see she means it in her eyes.

...

"Where did you learn sign language?"

Mia is playing tea party in Kelsey's room, she's communicating with her and Kelsey obviously loves her. Kelsey doesn't give that kind of love to other people, maybe to Lawrence sometimes, but with Mia is different. She actually loves her.