.07

It's our first night in London. I'm finally here, and my happiness is showing by my smile and laughter. Despite my airplane belly and the annoying children jumping on the mattress, nothing can take this feeling away. I'm close to Louis, I don't know how I'm going to do it and how I'm going to get closer, but I will. I need to see my husband.

"Kids, you're going to get hurt. Stop doing that, now," scolds Harry and I hear his children whine. I press my hands against the cold window and look at the beautiful view of London at night. I missed it. "It's fucking freezing here."

The twins gasp, "Daddy said a bad word!", and they turn to me, expecting me to scold at their father. I giggle a little bit, finding them adorable - for the first time, and cross my arms against my chest and glare at Harry.

"We don't use bad words, Har. Do you know what happens when you use swearwords?"

He pretends he's about to cry in front of the twins, "Wash my mouth with soap?"

I nod as a reply. The kids chorus "Ooooh", making fun of their dad. It reminds me when I was in school and I was called to the principal office and everyone in class went 'ooooh you're in trouble.'

Harry's such a good father. A good husband. Mia had it all, the money, a successful husband, healthy kids, and beauty. It's all I ever wanted, and I'm lying if I say that during the couple of weeks I spent with Harry I didn't grow feelings for him. I had days where I didn't want to come back to Louis, this life I'm living is so much better. But I'm not happy even though I have it all now. There's something empty inside of me and that's Louis. I miss him.

"I'm sorry. I won't do it again." He stands up and walks toward me. He grabs my face and kisses me, "I love you."

"Um, Harry I want to go out for a walk."

"It's raining, babe. Aren't you tired? Because I'm exhausted. I think I might take a nap." He throws himself to bed and pulls his kids to his chest. "Join us, babe."

"I just can't say here. I might get claustrophobic." Lies. The room is big as the inside of a house. It's expensive for a reason.

"Mia, you're a woman with amnesia. You're not going outside on a rainy night surrounded by strangers. I don't want to sound demanding. I'll go walk with you tomorrow morning after breakfast, okay? I want you safe."

I sit in the chair, "Fine. I guess I'll just stay here watching TV."

"Are you sure you don't want to rest?"

"I'm fine, Harry."

"Okay. I love you."

After thirty minutes, the three of them are sleeping. The chance of leaving and come back before they notice is tempting. Therefore, I take it. I grab my coat and an umbrella with me.

Walking in the city of London under the rain, it's something I used to do with Louis when we were young. I pass by the coffee shop where he asked me to be his girlfriend, a pet shop where we adopted our first pet dog (Willie), and a flower shop where he and I stopped to buy flowers and we ended up leaving without any because he got allergies. Every part of this city reminds me of him. This place is where I want to be.

This city isn't mesmerizing as New York, but London is better than NY. Why? Because London has Louis Tomlinson. And no place is better without him.

I see some of my friends and I wave at them, and they look at me strangely. Then I remember, I'm not Laneece anymore.

The raindrops fall hard against my umbrella and I hug the pole before the wind could blow it away. It's been twenty minutes walking, and before I could stop a taxi to take me back to the hotel, I notice the bar Louis used to get drunk every Saturday night.