.08

I had a headache after the phone call, so I went back to the hotel.

I slump to the bed face down and exhale audibly in a long deep breath between the white sheets. I feel weary and frustrated. All this mind planning is exhausting. I don't even know if all this trying will get me to Louis. Maybe I'm never getting back with him, maybe I will, but life is surprising, life is cruel. I just hope for the best.

Harry and the twins wake me up from a slumber. His lips are on my temple and I smile to myself, sitting up to meet his green eyes. He sure is beautiful. He has the little details Louis never had with me - well, he did, but stopped few years after we married. To sum up, Harry is the opposite of Louis, and he has everything I wanted in Lou, but it doesn't fill me.

Harry could have money, style, a big mansion, healthy kids, and an incredible heart, but he isn't Louis. That's the problem. I want real love not money, and it took me to die and wake up in Mia to get it. Louis could be the laziest asshole and bastardly alcoholic (reasons I should get a divorce) but we loved each other through hunger and poverty and that's what matters.

"Should we order room service?" Asks Harry, sitting next to me. He turns the television on, and Harriet snatches the remote from his hand and uses it as a gun, chasing Halpert around the room.

"I'm not that hungry." Lies. I am starving, and I have all the money in the world to buy all the food that I want, but I decide not to eat. I blame the nervousness.

I saw Louis last night, and he was too drunk even to recognize me today, but I'm actually going to speak to him. I'm going to talk about a job I barely even know about. And that's not it; I'm going to pretend as if we've ever met. That is enough reason to be nervous.

"Are you kids hungry?" He asks and they stop the running. They turn to their father, and shake their heads before resuming their chase. "Well, I'm still going to order because I'm hungry." He grabs the phone and grabs the brochure to mark the number.

He pinches the phone between his cheek and shoulder, opening the brochure and I check the time on his watch. I have to get going.

"Hey. There's a SPA." He puts the phone down and points where it says JOIN OUR SPA BECAUSE YOU ARE SPA-CIAL. "We should totally go there tonight."

"Where will the kids stay?" I ask as if I cared.

"There's an inside playground." He reads the little words, "There's also a Sauna. We need to go. We've been stressed with work and you with the amnesia..."

"I think we should." I say followed by, "Shit, I need to go."

"To where?"

"London's Shopping Mall." I blurt out. "There's a SALE."

"You hate cheap stuffs."

"I'll be back before four." I kiss his cheek, and for his sake, I kiss the kids.

I grab a taxi. I apply makeup in the way to Charlie's Diner and pay (more than I have to} the driver. He gives me a big smile that said 'ma'am you're going to prove my wife wrong'. I hurry up inside even though I'm ten minutes early. 

I don't let the waitress pick the table. I choose the back table for concentration and privacy. When I sit down, I notice the restroom is behind us. I let out a long sigh, and look at the menu placed on the table.

I shoo the waitress away. It's disrespectful, but having her stand next to me with stubborn eyes isn't letting me concentrate while I think what to order.

I look out of the window. I fidget under the table and fold my hands on my lap hoping to look professional as ever and not nervous at all.

Twenty minutes pass. He's late. It was stupid of me to think it was this easy to get closer to him, and everything would go back to normal. He will always be the lazy ass I know. He's probably too busy fucking Claire in the bed we used to sleep.