.14

I apologise bc of the late update. I had writer's block but it's over now! If you're still here, I love you!  I wrote this from my phone and I'm soooo sleepy, so sorry for mistakes. Not my best chapter!
❥❥❥❥

At the meeting

My heart's beating quickly, that my body beats along with it. I breathe slowly making sure Harry doesn't find out that I'm nervous. We're at a fancy restaurant, sitting at a VIP reserved table with a jazz band playing next to us. The place looks intimidating enough for me. Can you imagine what it would do to Louis?

People here are dressed as if they're attending a red carpet, I can almost smell their money from here – or maybe it's just my dress that smells like million big ones or simply Harry who didn't hesitate to dress up like the millionaire he is.

We brought the kids along and it hasn't been twenty minutes since we've got here. Therefore, Louis is late. And that's not a great impression you want to give someone who might give you a job. I already told him he got the job, but if he acts inappropriate, Harry can erase the words I once said and my plan will all go wrong.

"Why did you choose this place? Don't you think it's a little too much?"

"Louis' late." Harry speaks up. "We've gone easy on him. He didn't need to write a résumé or show me some of his works. I wanted this meeting to get to know him, and he's twenty minutes late. This is the man you want to work with us?"

I sigh, letting my face down just the way Louis let me down, "He has his flaws." I won't deny that he isn't someone that follows all the rules, but I can sense that even if Louis were perfect, Harry would be an asshole to him anyways.

I know that Harry's still mad because I spend a lot of time with Louis. He's gonna be sure to find the smallest flaw, so he can use that as an excuse to not give him the job. Harry isn't a nice person.

"Good evening."

I glance up to find Louis in front of our table and my breath hitches. His hair is brushed back, nicely shaved, and he's wearing a suit. He's carrying our daughter who's asleep against his chest. His pink tie matches her little pink dress.

"Louis, you made it." I stand up and Harry does too.

"You're late." Harry buttons his suit before shaking his hand. "Harry Styles."

"Louis Tomlinson," He says confidently, "Big fan of your works."

Ha! What a kiss-ass! I love him.

"Who's she?" Harry points at Kelsey.

"My daughter Kelsey. My neighbors were too busy to take care of her. She won't be any trouble. I swear."

"It's okay, we brought our kids too." I gesture the twins as if Louis didn't know already. "Take a seat."

We sit down except Harry who pulls a chair just in case Kelsey wakes up and decides to sit next to the twins. The air is sucked from the restaurant and everything becomes weird.

Louis raises his eyebrows, wrinkling his forehead as his lips form a thin line. He looks somewhat nervous.

"Nice tie." Harry sarcastically says and Louis licks his bottom lip, probably thinking of a comeback and I slowly hit his leg under the table.

His blue eyes meet mine and he clears his throat.

"Thanks. My daughter wanted me to match her dress, she's daddy's queen after all." He kisses the top of Kelsey's head without waking her up. If my love for him keeps growing, my heart is going to burst out of my chest and it won't be pretty.