.19

__________
Harry.

There it is. There’s the reason my woman wants to leaves me. It’s not Ian and it’s not me, it’s Louis. Standing at the door with coffee spilled all over the carpet. Once I realize what I’m doing, I let go of Mia’s thick hair that felt so good in my fist and step away. Her eyes are closed, tears on her cheeks and hand clasped on her mouth. How dramatic. The Mia I know would’ve take it like a woman.

I don’t have time to comprehend the situation I find myself in, when I’m tackled over the desk and punched in the face. My head flies to my side and see Mia jumping and moving her hands like crazy.

“No, Louis!”

“Who do you think you are?” Louis grabs my collar, spitting my face with each words. I felt vulnerable knowing that he cares for her. And I know she cares about him too. She spends her nights awake, and I know she’s thinking about him. But she’s mine, and she will be mine. Because I’m a man and I want her.

“Nothing happened,” she assures him, trying to pull him back.

“Mia for Pete’s sake! I don’t want to know how many times he has put your hands on you!” He tries to swing another punch, but I kick him off me. I grab a pen as a weapon and I grip it hard even as if it’s hanging on my side.

“Go back to work,” I tell him, sternly.

“Fuck you,” he points at me. “You abusive motherfucker.”

“Louis,” all I can hear in her voice is worry, worry that he will lose his job. And she should worry, he should too. “I’m fine.”

“She’s my wife and I can do whatever I want with her.”

I am a man with money and power, I usually get what I want. I always get what I want and think I deserve. If I want a woman like her, I’ll get it. I’m tired of her fucking me up, I hate how nice I treated her. She doesn’t deserve it, she doesn’t deserve me yet I want her to be with me.

“What are you going to do?” I wipe sweat from under my nose, accepting a challenge. “I don’t recommend you attacking me again.”

He tries to get me and Mia stands in front of him, grabbing his face and whispering something. Anger fills my veins until they’re thick and tight, and I just want to grab her and pull her back. And repeat her again and again that she belongs to me. That the jealousy is driving me insane. I’m a good man. Why doesn’t she want me?

“I swear to God you won’t get away with this,” He says shouting over her head and she looks at me over her shoulder, afraid I might do something.

“I’m doing nothing bad,” I raise my hands because it’s the truth. “I’m just treating her like a woman. My woman.”

“Please get me out of here,” she whispers and I see fire in my eyes. The way he suddenly calms down when he hears her voice and immediately grabs her hand. I see a connection which should be disconnected by me. “Please, Louis.”

“You’re never going to put a hand on her… again.”

“If you leave, Mia, I swear you’ll regret it.” I tell her and her beautiful eyes meet mine. “Remember who I am! I made you! I turned you into what you are today! You’ll have nothing without me. You’ll lose everything. I gave you a house, I gave you a life, money and love!” I throw my arms in the air, “Are you going to let it all go?”

He opens the door for her, shaking his head at me. I’m growing desperate. If she won’t love me, I won’t let her love anyone else.

“You will remember me! And when you do, it’s going to be too late!” I say outside, once they’re getting into the elevator. Everyone’s out of their office, hands on their mouth or with widened eyes. “If you two leave, don’t bother coming back. You’re fired.”

Before they could register what I said, the elevator doors closed.

“Mr. Styles?” Sandra puts a hand on my shoulder, soothing me.

“Come by my office in five minutes,” I say and turn to everyone, “Get back to work!”

I slam the door behind me once I’m in my office, taking out the tequila hiding under my desk. I start drinking and when Sandra enters the office, I start untying my tie while she unzips her dress. She’s been my backup while Mia has amnesia.