.02

Chapter Two

Maybe I am hallucinating and right now, I'm asleep and when I wake up, I will be fine. I will be with Louis and my daughter, back to my little dump. I just need to wake up. This people aren't real. I just need to calm down.

I still don't get it how this feels so real. This body, the touch, my hearing, the taste, and the view, everything feels so real. It doesn't feel like I'm dreaming. I stare at my fingers and wiggle my toes.

"Mummy is upstairs; we might not want to suffocate her." Harry is downstairs telling the kids about me having 'amnesia', which is not true.

My hand slowly roams the comfortable king bed. It's bigger than I have at home with Louis. The room is wide and modern. I've never lived in a mansion before. I get up and slowly walk toward the mirror and just stare at... myself. I slowly touch my face. I'm beautiful.

The door opens and I jump, turning around. I don't know this people; I don't know what intentions they had with Mia.

Harry's head is in before his body and with his eyes he asks me permission to come in. I smile, hesitating. I gesture him inside.

"I won't stay for too long. I will just," he sounds devastated. I feel guilty, but it's not my fault. I wish I could comfort him somehow, but I don't know him. "stay in the kids' room until..."

"You don't need to do that. You can sleep here. I will sleep in the living room."

He sits on the edge of the bed, running his hands on his face seeming frustrated. "I can't let you sleep there, Mia." I flinch by the name. I'm still not used to it. "I don't want to suffocate you since I am now a stranger to you, but you have no idea how I miss you and how sorry I am. This is my fault."

"Your fault?" I bite my bottom lip, warily sitting next to him. I put a hand on his shoulder and squeeze him. He locks eyes with me. He's very handsome.

"I told you to come to the office because we were having a meeting, you took a taxi cab, and the driver was drunk, so this happened. If I hadn't ask you to come, you would've been fine."

I slowly nod, not knowing how to tell him that I believe Mia is dead and I'm in her body. This isn't the moment. There will never be a moment for that.

"Where are we right now?"

"New York City."

I look away and run my fingers through my hair. I open the curtains and gasp at the city lights. I can feel Harry behind me and rest my forehead against the glass. This woman had the perfect life while I had a troubled one.

"It's beautiful." I say.

"You love it here."

Because of our American accent, I knew we were in America, so it's not a surprise. I shiver as I feel his breath on my shoulders and I turn around, crossing my arms against my chest. I pinch my bottom lip with my teeth while Harry stares down at me.

"I want to walk."

"Yeah, okay."

"With the kids."

He smiles, "Okay."

New York is bright, full of busy people even at night. Taxicabs are everywhere. Everything seems so big and I spin round, attempting to take the full view in. Louis and I have always wanted to be here.

"You seem happy, mummy." Halpert says holding my hand and I slowly take my hand back. He gives me a hurt expression and I look away. I will never love these kids... I love Kelsey. She's my daughter.