.16

the picture 🔼 i'm so dead.

Three Months Later

"This is the future, so we need to come up with another idea to get business going." Harry has us in the conference room, sat at a large table while he has a pointer and a graph behind him. His speech has been going on for thirty minutes. "The world needs public art, we need to deliver messages and we need to sell out paintings."

"Agree." Ian nods, staring at me across the table. I smile at him. "I brought a folder with many plans and ideas. I would like to share it. May I, boss?"

"The attention is all yours." Harry sits down next to me and holds my hand under the table and practically forces me to intertwine our fingers.

I excuse myself to go to the bathroom.

Instead I lock myself in my office and begin to cry my heart out. I'm going to be sick if I have to spend another day with Harry.

He hit me.

When we came back home from London, I wouldn't speak to him and he got desperate and hit my shoulder. He went for my face but I covered myself. He then cried and knelt down saying that he never wanted to hurt me. He was just afraid I would leave him.

I turned to Ian during that time and he welcomed me with opened arms. I found out it wasn't the first time Harry hit Mia. This might be the third time for what Ian knew and the reason why Mia didn't open her mouth was because of their children.

So...

The way to ruin Harry was to make him lose his job so Ian could become the boss of the company. I can't believe I'm saying this, but during this three months, Ian showed me that he would be a better boss and a better husband.

Now the puzzle pieces fit together and I know why Mia cheated on Harry.

Harry was never the victim. Mia was.

I'm continuing Mia's plan to screw Harry's life and maybe give Ian a chance since after all... Louis and I will never happen again.

And about the twins... I've learned to love them as if they're mine. I loved being a mother to Kelsey, but at least I have the chance to be a mother again of two kids.

I accepted this life. I moved on.

I walk back into the conference room and Ian's still talking. He smiles at me as I sit down and I give him a thumbs up. He can be a jerk, but he's the only actual thing I have. I think I'm starting to like him even though he's no Louis Tomlinson.

"... and that's how I see it." Ian speaks, "Any questions?"

"Yes, how do we get the people's attention and make them interested?" A woman asks. "Flyers aren't working anymore."

"Uh, um, maybe—" Ian is interrupted.

"How about ads and commercials?" We hear a new voice in the room, coming from the door behind me.

The British accent freezes me and everyone turn to look at the man behind me. Ian drops his pointer, lips parting and with that expression, he confirms who it is.

I hear the man's gentle steps in the room as he circles the table. I'm nervous to look up. My heart's beating fast and I feel Harry tense up next to me.

His shadow on the table lets me know he's standing next to Ian, face to face and I look up, swallowing.

Louis.

He's smiling proudly, buttoning his coat, looking at Ian from his chest to his blue eyes. He seems confident, different, mature. Ian clenches his jaw and looks away from the staring contest with an annoyed expression.