.13

. . . I sit in bed, using a hair dryer I found in one of the cabinets. I blow my hair not in the usual way. I couldn't find a brush, so after I'm done I look like a lion. I push my hair in ponytail and button up the shirt Louis fetched me from Lawrence's closet. As soon I'm fully clothed, Louis enters the room, and I jump. The door was widely open, he could've seen me.

He has a towel wrapped around his torso, "I know this isn't appropriate, but I thought you'd be downstairs by now."

"I'll leave if you want me to." I get up, turning around to face the door but I only face him instead. I feel a blush creeping up my neck as if he was never my husband and I've never seen him naked before. I look away from his tired looking eyes just to notice a couple of scars on his chest and stomach.

"No way. I'll just take my clothes to the bathroom —"

"Louis." I say, my hands reaching to touch his skin automatically. He steps away from me. "What happened to you?"

"I tend to get in trouble." He gives me a crooked smile, "Does that answer your question?"

"No."

"Sorry to disappoint." He sarcastically says, grabbing the clothes folded in bed. He's out of the door without another word. The air becomes thicker as the minutes pass by and I lie down in bed, rubbing my temples. The familiar aroma coming from the sheets instantly relax me. Hoping he won't come in while I roll in bed smelling his scent from the pillows and cushions. I feel so close to him when I do this. It reminds me of home.

I drift into a deep sleep and wake up the next morning by being poked on the head. The first thing I see is a pair blue eyes. A little girl is beside the bed, but even in my blurry vision, I can make out it's Kelsey. Her smile is big, eyes bigger, and she doesn't stop poking me. I sit up with warm heart, wanting to pull her into an embrace. I also don't want to freak her out.

"Kelsey." I whisper even though she won't hear me. She notices my mouth's movements and she tilts her head.

'Hello' she says in sign language.

'Hello.' I say back.

She looks surprised that I know sign language. If she knew I'm her mother.

"There she is —" I spot Lawrence at the door, and freezes when she sees me. "Oh, my dear she woke you up?"

Kelsey turns around after noticing I'm speaking to someone behind her. I wipe my face with my hands, "I'm s-sorry. I didn't mean to spend the night here" Harry must be freaking the fuck out. Oh dammit! When did I fall asleep? I'm in so much trouble. "I'm Mia Styles from the Art Company."

"Don't worry about it! Louis has explained me everything. You are more than welcomed. I'm Lawrence Horan. " She says with her usual high-pitch voice. It's ear damaging in the morning. "There are extra toothbrushes and clothes I put you in the bathroom."

"Thanks."

She carries Kelsey. My little girl won't stop staring at me. Her mind might be full of questions about me. I smile and wave at her, and she does the same.

"Coffee?" She asks, politely.

"I'm sorry. I can't . . . I have to go." I get up fast, just to sit back down feeling dizzy. "My husband might be worried."

"You're married?" Her eyes widens, surprised.

I stay quiet. She must be thinking I'm cheating on Harry. I sigh, this is not good.

-

Louis is sleeping on the couch. I lean and shake him softly. He wakes up alarmed and sits up, "Oi! Oi! Oh... Mia." He slides his fingers over his eyes. "How did you sleep?"