Chapter 32: Star gazing

🇭‌🇪‌🇦‌🇩‌🇸‌ 🇺‌🇵‌

This chapter is mostly on the history of Norans and what they are.

-☆-

"-we ourselves are stars."

...Is he shitting me right now?

"Youre shitting me right now."

He shakes his head. "Nooo im not shitting you. What does that even mean..?" He offers to give me a bite of his coffee snack and when I refuse, he continues. "We're stars, Craig."

I blink, not really understanding.

"What are you talking about?"

He looks me dead in my face. "All the stars you see in the sky are Norans." As much as id like to ignore his gaze and focus on the fact that hes telling me all this time ive been admiring aliens in the sky, but I cant so I look at the grass in hopes that Tweek will look away on his own.

Once he does, I speak again. "How can Ali- Um... Norans be stars? It doesnt make any sense... Stars are glowing balls of light, all through space and you guys are just.... Well furries. Or abnormal lizards..."

Tweek simply blinks. "Well Craig... Norans have a saying for when we're questioned, since plenty of space creatures dont understand us either."

I sigh knowing its gonna be something like 'dont judge a book by its cover' or something. "Which is...?"

He takes a deep breath. "ꃔꊿꌅꉣ ꈜꌈꌅ ꁝꌅ꒒ꉣ. It translates to.... Um.." I stay quiet and give Tweek a minute to think. "Oh! It translates to 'Do not judge by outer covering'"

I was half right. Damn Noran aliens are so fucking predictable.

Was what I thought before I was bashed in the head with some giant hammer.

"OW WHAT THE FUCCCKKKKKKRKRE"

Tweek sighs and after pressing a button on his gadget to make the fucking hammer return to the small little triangle it came from, he put it in his pocket.

"Thats what we Norans call
'ꌅꑀ꒦ꑀꃔꁅꑀ' or 'ꈵꁲꌅꂵꁲ'. Its like human payback for making unnecessary comments about our appearance." He squints at me before adding, "I didnt say anything about you humans looking like naked monkeys when I learned you accomplished space travel!"

I grab my throbbing, bleeding head, feeling completely and utterly... Roasted.

He spits in his hand and rubs it on my forehead. "That was also for nearly calling me an alien."

"Ew- wha- Oh come on!!" As disgusting as it was, my head heals up after a few.

Tweek huffs and drinks a bit of coffee.

It goes silent for a while. Long enough for the stars to come out enough to gaze at.

"...Tweek?" He hums in response. "Um... Could you tell me more about Norans being stars?" I look into the sky. "Well... About Norans in general?"

After a bit of awkward silence, he slides closer to me. "Okay. Um..."

"Take your time."

I see him nod out of the corner of my eye before he faces the stars as well.

"Well... Norans have been around for a long time. Way longer than any other species in the galaxy. I dont know we came to be but I do know thats the reason there are so many stars in the sky."

I look away from the sky to towards him. "But that doesnt explain how a Noran goes from a freaky space creature to a luminous spheroid of plasma held together by self-gravity."

He hums. "You know a lot about stars huh?" I nod. "Um... Right. We Norans are made up of stardust. The stardust is like magic and thats why we have, what you humans call, 'weird' features."

I look all over him. Hes disguised as a human now, but Its not like I dont remember his antenna that change color or his lizard like tail, his blue skin, his stubby teeth or his yellow and green eyes. Not to mention his magic death avoiding spit, watercolor tears and... Body changing withdrawals. He looks and acts like that because of magic...?

"Its pretty hard to believe that not only aliens are real, but magic too- Oh shit I said- Sorry Tweek I..."

Tweek glares before continuing. "Well its true." hes speaking with more aggression now. "As I was saying.... As we get older and begin to change from star to Noran, the star dust never leaves our body. We're full of it!"

I take a moment to think about my next question.

"...So is it like in your blood? And your tears? Your spit too?"

He nods. "Everything is the way it is because of the magic stardust!" Now that I think about it, Tweeks living some magical fairy land life in some sappy kids movie. "Its actually whats used to make these gadgets. Science and of course... Magic."

"So... How do they get the stardust from your bodies into hunks of metal..?"

"Strands of hair, tear drops, drops of blood. Way back in the early stages of Noran life they used... Well you can take a guess."

"Id rather not."

After a couple seconds of complete silence we burst into laughter. It wasnt that funny. Im sure I wouldnt have laughed if it was anyone else. Hes definitely got me wrapped around his weird blue little finger. It cant go on like this. It cant.

Beep beep beep!

Me and Tweek immediately stop laughing and look towards his watch.

"Tweek did you not charge the-"

"NO OH GOD IM GONNA BE FOUND OUT!!!"

Tweek twitches and shakes as his clever disguise slowly fades away and his normal self is showing. Hes cuter like this and I hate it. I also hate seeing him freak out. Its just as worrying as it is annoying. I take off my jacket and put it around him.

"NnggHh! Craig this wont change anything! ACK! Everyone can still see-"

I put a finger to his lips. "Calm down... Everyone thinks youre cosplaying so its fine." I move my finger. "

"BUT CRAI-"

"Shhh"

"I CANT STAY LI-"

"Shhhhhh"

"WHAT IF-"

"Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

"ACK!!!"

"Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" Tweek continues to shake and twitch. Its not normal how normal this is for him. I sigh before resorting to distracting him. "A star's life begins with the gravitational collapse of a gaseous nebula of material largely comprising hydrogen, helium, and trace heavier elements."

He stops and listens to me rant about my favorite thing ever.

"Wait thats not how a star gets in the sky!" He sips some coffee. "When a Noran reaches its last breath, its body will turn into stardust. Afterwards, the dust is sent into the sky where theyll turn into a star!"

I pause. I feel my face scrunch up. "Youre telling me... Stars are dead people?!"

He flinches. "No! Theyre stars!"

"From Norans who died!"

"Theyre not dead anymore! The death of a Noran, is the birth of a star!"

I look into the sky. "...Youre lucky its pretty up there..."

Tweek does the same. "It is... Really pretty.."

We're sat there in comfortable silence on that blanket surrounded by stars and coffee related things. This is the most comfortable ive felt with anyone.... Damn adorable alien and his adorable-ness making me gay....