CHAPTER -2

"Dad. Please. I'm so sorry dad. Please don't do this."

JungKook was crying badly while his father who he loved the most, was beating him.

"You cannot be my son!" His father shouted at him as he hit the thick stick around him for the 8th time.

"Dad, Please. It hurts." Tears won't stop. Jungkook was already on the ground and crouching while begging his father to stop.
"Dad. I'm sorry."

"YOU DESERVE TO DIE!" His father shouted.

"Please." Jungkook shut his eyes tightly and screamed in pain when the stick hit his muscle again.

"LEAVE THIS HOUSE! RIGHT NOW!"
Jungkook widened his eyes at his father's sudden statement.

"Dad. Please, I beg you. I'll do whatever you'll say." He said, hugging his father's leg tightly. And then, the said man Kicked him on the chest and he fell back.

"DON'T.. TOUCH... ME!" He kicked his son again on the stomach.

Jungkook woke up panting heavily from the dream that he just got.

He gulped hard and looked around the room grabbing the bed sheets tightly. No body was there.
He took a deep breath and then he tried his best to stop the tears from flowing down his eyes..
His eyes, which were already swollen and dry from crying, became wet again..

He stood up from his bed and looked at the time. It was 3:35 am.

He turned on all his room lights and went to the bathroom.

He got to the wash basin, and looked at himself in the mirror. Tracing his face and the swollen eyes with his fingers, he gulped.

"I'm sorry dad. I'm the worst son. The worst son to ever exist."
He washed his face and went back to his room and looked at the photo of his parents hanging on the wall. He took it down and traced his hand over his mother's picture.
"I'm sorry mom. I wish you were still here with me. I couldn't stand for myself. And the thing that we were scared of, happened. I'm tired of living like this mom." He then sobbed as he hugged the photo to his chest.

"So tired. I miss you mom. I wish I could come to you."
He sat down on the spot, against the wall, still hugging the photo. "I miss you alot." And then he drowsed off.
.
.
.
Jungkook woke up by the Sunlight that spread across his face and entered his bedroom through the window.

He was still sitting against the wall. His parent's photo lying to his side. He looked around himself and couldn't help but rember the things that happened last night. His back was aching very badly beacuse of sleeping uncomfortabely.
He needs to get out of the past now. He thought. He will have to start a new life from now on.

He picked up the photo, stood up with it and hung it back on it's place.

He walked to the bathroom, took a warm bath and wore his casual outfit. A black t-shirt with black baggy pants.

He was hungry, and why wouldn't he be? He hadn't eaten anything since last afternoon..

He skipped his breakfast again. How could he eat when he has done a huge sin? He deserved this. His father would love it if he saw his son not eating anything and dying of hunger.

He got his sneakers on and left his apartment to go to his workplace.

Jeon Jungkook, was a painter. He earned his living with it. He worked under not a very big company called 'The Children Of Art'. They used to get a lot of paintings drawn by people like Jungkook and then, those paintings would go for auctions.

He earned a pretty good salary from this work since he was one of the best painters there. He would sometimes get his paintings sold for more than a million Korean won.

It was pretty good amount for him. He bought his apartment from his own earnings and used to live alone.

He entered the building with little swollen eyes and was greeted by the receptionist. He greeted her back and got on the elevator to go to his respected floor.

It was a six storey building and Jungkook was given the fifth floor to work with the rest of his colleagues. "Hey. How you doing kook?" Jungkook felt a pat on his back and heard a similar voice.

He turned back.
"Hey, Jimin." He smiled looking at him.

Jungkook was getting a little nervous because of his condition and Jimin noticed it.
He took a closer look at Jungkook's face and touched his eyes.

"Is something wrong JungKook?" He asked worriedly.

Jungkook looked to his side. "What are you talking about? I'm fine." He smiled.

"Tell me." Jimin was still serious. "Is it the thing we talked about?"

Jungkook let out a deep breath along with a sigh and nodded..

"I told him yesterday. I told him about the real me."

Jimin was listening to him carefully without interrupting.

"He warned me to never enter his house again. I told you Jimin. He would never accept me if I came out. He loved me a lot Jimin." His eyes were getting teary again. "And yesterday I saw the hate in his eyes."

Jimin patted his back. "Don't worry. Everything will be fine..I'm here with you...You're brave and i'm proud of you." He said. "Do you need anything right now?"

"A live singing concert from you can heal me." Jungkook smiled.

"Sure." Jimin smiled and hugged him. "We'll go to Karaoke after work. ok?"
"Hmm." Jungkook sighed and hugged Jimin back.

They were on their way to the art room when they were stopped by a voice from the back.

"Jungkook-shii!"

Both of them turned back, " Mr. Choi!" Jungkook said,
Choi was worried and showed sorrow.

"I'm sorry to say this but" He looked down.
"What happened Mr Choi?" Asked Jungkook.
Choi hesitated a little but then continued.

"You've been fired."