CHAPTER -7

The interview did go smooth. Jungkook answered everything confidentially.

Some were just little tricky questions that made him Frustrate.

"Thank you, sir!" He said as he smiled and looked at Taehyung.

"Leave all these formalities, Jungkookah." Taehyung chuckled. "You can call me hyung. I'm just two years older than you."

Jungkook widened his eyes "But I thought." and then he kept his mouth shut.

"You thought I was a man in my 30's?" Taehyung gigled. "I do look old to many people, I have no problem with that."

"No. I mean. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to call you old." Jungkook hesitated.

"It's fine. It's fine." Taehyung giggled. "Why are you getting nervous!" He left a silent laugh.

Jungkook looked at his shaking legs. God. He was embarrassed. "It's nothing." He forced a smile.

There was an awkward silence again. The same that they felt last night. Oh yes. Last night.

"Hyung." Jungook looked at the older person. "Actually, I'm sorry for last night." He said and fidgeted his fingers.

"Don't worry about that Jungkookshi." Taehyung threw his hand in air." If it made you feel good then there's nothing to be sorry for."

Jungkook nodded.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure hyung." Jungkook smiled.

"If you don't want to tell, it'll be completely fine. I just wanted to know the reason for why you cried for two nights straight." Taehyung asked.

And Jungkook froze on his chair. Lost in thoughts. He should probably tell Taehyung. He's a good person.
He knows that he'll not judge him.

But what if he did?

"It's fine if you don't wanna tell."

"No hyung. I'll tell." Jungkook placed his hand on the table.

Suddenly he felt hot. Oh. It was just Taehyung sliding back his hair.

He gulped and focused on talking. "Night before yesterday." He looked at the floor. "My father beated me."

Taehyung looked careully at him."Wh-Why?"

Jungkook sighed as he looked outside the window to his right.
"I told him I am gay."

"So why would he beat you?"

"I don't know. According to him, people like me should die.. He even warned me to never enter his house." He did his best to control his tears and he succeeded.

"Where do you live now?" Taehyung asked.

"I have my own apartment that I bought with the money I earned at my previous work." He sighed. "But my father is friends with the owner, so he told him to remove me from the company just because I'm gay."

Taehyung frowned. He did not want to see Jungkook going through all that. He never loved seeing people go through hardships. It broke him always.

"I'm so sorry Jungkook shi." He looked at him calmly. "I feel bad for you."

Jungkook just sighed.

"Ask me for help anytime. I'll be there for you. And now you're going to work here for sure. I promise."

Taehyung said and placed his hand above Jungkook's on the table.

Jungkook looked at their hands and then at Taehyung. "Hyung.  If I work bad, you can and you should fire me. I don't want to be a burden on you."

"You will never be a burden." Taehyung smiled and rubbed Jungkook's hand softly." I know you will give your best."

"Thank you hyung."

One thing for sure was that Jungkook felt safe around Taehyung. The last two meetings that they had, were safe for Jungkook, he felt warm.
Of course he felt calm and safe around Jimin too. But this was different.

It was as, if comfort was a person; it
would be Taehyung.