Part 44

Bella's POV

"Deoneun mangseoriji ma jebal nae simjangeul geodueo ga." I sing the first line. My hand starts to shake as I become more nervous.

I can clearly see Zoey smiling and clapping to herself in the sound room. I suck in the breath and calm myself.

"Baby don't cry tonight eodumi geochigo namyeon." I sing loud and proud. I no longer feel nervous. No one can hear me, what do I have to worry about?

My heart races as I continue to sing. It felt nice to be on stage with a microphone in my hand. Also seeing my best friend watching me with a happy expression gives me such motivation.

"Gireul irheun nae nuneun ijeya cry cry cry." I finish the song. I place the microphone back and race into the sound room to meet Zoey.

"Zoey, did you see that? I felt so-" I run into the room and see Luhan, Sehun, and Xiumin hiding underneath the sound board. They wave at me awkwardly.

"U-Uh, h-hi Bell." Sehun slowly greets.

I stand still in shock. "Wha-"

"I can explain...Luhan, Sehun, and Xiumin wanted to hear you sing. So we came up with this awesome idea and it worked. You shouldn't be mad and say that you sounded terrible because...you were great. I-I even have proof, it was recorded, but don't worry, we don't plan on showing it to anybody else. We are the only ones, I swear..." Zoey quickly explains.

"Can I hear it?" I quietly request.

"Oh yes yes." Zoey presses a few buttons. "This is you singing."

"You were amazing, Bella, truly outstanding. I'm not saying it because you're a friend, even someone on the street would say this." Xiumin tells me. He shakes my hand and gives me a promising smile.

I smile back at him. "Thank you."

"I'm sorry." Zoey apologizes. "I didn't mean to make you feel-"

I laugh and give her a hug. "Don't be sad, I'm not mad. As long as you don't go off showing people this tape."

She nods. "You have my word."

"Wow, you really could've gone somewhere with your voice." Sehun says. "You could've gotten into SM with this talent..."

I shrug. "Being a singer isn't my dream. It was, but it changed." I clarify.

"What was your dream? A chief?" Sehun asks.

I laugh. "No, of course not. I do have a skill, but it's not what I wanted to become."

"Then what was your dream?" Xiumin asks.

I shrug. "I don't-"

"Her dream was to become a model. A very beautiful and famous model. That's why she loves cameras and taking photos. She has a lot of confidence when it comes to school photos. She once tried to convince the school photographer to rent a big fan, so it'll make the photos more prettier." Luhan jumps in.

I smack his arm. "Can I talk about my life for once?"

"Hm, a model, huh?" Xiumin smirks. "You know, I'm really good at taking photographs. I actually have a-" Sehun pulls him away.

"You are most qualified! You are very much fit for a model business." Sehun points to my clothes.

I blush. "I don't know. I thought I would get a lot of hate..."

"Seriously, is hate the only thing bringing you down? We get tons of hate, I mean A LOT! But also, we have A TON of fans who love and support us. We also have each other and our families. Hate is nothing if you ignore it." Xiumin says. He pats my shoulder.

I nod. "That's all very nice, but I missed my chance. I actually turned down a contract when I was 17 years old. That was long, long ago."

"How is that another excuse?" Zoey crosses her hands.

"But, Zoey-"

"No buts. Bella, you have to get out there and stand for yourself. Remember what you did at the beach?"

My face burns at the thought. "Just because I want to become one doesn't mean when I ask for it, it'll be given to me."

"Of course, but who said anything about that? We said for you to try at least. Imagine you're on your death bed, and you're thinking about what you've done in your life. You'll frown or maybe even cry at the fact you didn't get to do what you dreamed because of 2 little excuses!" Zoey grabs my hands.

I sigh. "You are so right!"

"That's what I wanted to hear!"

"You are the best. Promise me you will all be here for me?" I look to everyone.

"Of course! Why wouldn't we be?" Luhan smiles.