Chapter 23: she looked at me like a tiger hunting her prey.

As I wait for Lexi to order the coffees, I fiddle with my phone in my hands.

Sighing, I turn it on and am greeted to five missed calls, two voice mails, and several messages.

And that's just from Jay.

Seth and Zach have called a couple of times too.

I press on Jay's name and decide it's best to call him.

"Hazel?" He picks up almost straight away.

"Yeah it's me." I reply.

"Where are you?" He asks.

I sigh, "Jay it's fine, I'm out of town with Lexi. We're in a coffee shop."

"Which town?" He asks.

"Jay, stop being so controlling. Unlike our normal conversations I can end this one in a second." I say.

He sighs, "You're right, I'm sorry."

"Thank you." I reply.

"I'm just trying to look out for you." He says.

"I know, and I appreciate that. But I can look after myself, if I'm ever in any trouble you're the first person I'll call." I reassure him.

"Okay." He replies.

"Lexi and I are just having coffee and then we're leaving." I say.

"Alright, have fun." He says.

"Thanks." I reply.

"Oh and Hazel?" He says.

"Yeah?"

"Don't do anything stupid."

I just laugh a little before hanging up.

"All better?" Lexi asks and she sits down next to me.

"Yeah." I reply.

I see Caroline walk in and she sits across from us, smiling.

We smile back, "We ordered a cappuccino for you, I hope that's okay." Lexi says.

"That's great." She replies, "So, what do you want to know?"

"Who exactly is Robert?" I ask.

She leans back in her chair, "He's a gang leader, definitely someone you don't want to get involved with, or his gang for that matter."

She stops before looking at us worriedly, "You're not involved with him are you."

Lexi doesn't say anything, which means she must be leaving it up to me to decide if I want to tell Caroline or not.

I shake my head, "No, I'm just worried about the guys, and maybe a little curious."

She nods, "Okay, I just wanted to make sure. When Robert wants something, he makes sure he gets it, no matter what he has to do."

The waitress comes over and puts down our coffees, we stay silent for the time she takes to do it.

"No matter what he has to do?" Lexi repeats.

Caroline nods, "Look, Robert doesn't have a heart, I know that sounds rude but if he has a gun and he doesn't like someone, he won't think twice about killing them."

"So if he doesn't like Jay, Seth, and Zach, why hasn't he just killed them already?" Lexi asks.

Caroline takes in a breath and leans back in her chair, "See, this is the part even I can't get my head around."