Chapter 4: Josh Hutcherson finally realised that I'm his one true love?

Chapter 4: Josh Hutcherson finally realised that I’m his one true love?

The week past by smoothly, I hung out with the guys all the time and I’m slowly starting to grow their trust again, cheerleading has been going well and the team welcomed me happily, well except for Courtney who I found out was on the team.

When we walk out of school on Friday, a girl rushes up to Zach. I don’t think she even noticed any of us.

“Who’s she?” I whisper to Jay.

Jay smirks, “This girl that thinks she’s Zach’s everything. She follows him everywhere and always attaches to him. She gets really annoying sometimes, for all of us.” He says.

I giggle a little when she puts her hand on Zach’s chest and he cringes a little in disgust.

That girl was either really oblivious or really stupid.

“Poor Zach.” I say.

Seth nods, “I know. But it’s quite amusing.” He snickers.

I elbow him in the ribs and he hisses in pain.

Yeah, take that Seth.

Zach finally detaches from the girl and rolls his eyes as he approaches us.

“I swear she thinks we’re destined to be together.” He shakes his head.

I pat his shoulder, “She realise sooner or later.”

“She better.” He mutters.

“Well, I’ll catch you guys later.” I say as I get into Ruby.

Yes, I named my car. No judging.

“We’ll text you later and do something this weekend. I’m just going to be sitting around and stuffing my face with Rolos anyway.” Seth says.

I laugh, “Okay, bye guys.”

They wave as I drive off.

“I’m home dad!” I shout as I come through the door, for some reason he didn’t go to work today.

He smiles as he comes down the stairs.

“I have some exciting news.” He says.

“Josh Hutcherson finally realised that I’m his one true love?” I ask sarcastically.

“Who’s Josh Hutcherson?” Dad asks with a frown.

I gape at him and then shake my head, “Just, no, dad.”

He shrugs and continues.

“I invited the guys from work’s families over for dinner tonight.” He smiles.

I think my jaw dropped so fast that I pulled a muscle in my mouth.

“B-but dad! We’re not prepared for anything!” I argue.

“Not to worry. I got lots of food today.” He smiles.

Oh dear, dad going shopping is like wearing stripes and spots. They completely don’t go together.

I walk into the kitchen and see bags of different types of meat.

Only meat.

“Uh, dad?” I ask.

“Yes?” He smiles coming into the kitchen.

“Where’s all the salad and sides?” I ask.

His face falls and he rubs the back of his head, “Oh, I uh, didn’t think of that.”