Chapter 18: Wow, some people are just plain idiots.

The house was huge.

I'd heard rumours that Courtney was rich, though her expensive branded sunglasses and bags she carried around helped that rumour, I didn't know whether to believe it or not.

Well now I do.

It had to be at least three stories high, not to mention the rooftop terrace that held a Jacuzzi, and had large marble steps up to the patio, which had large marble pillars as well.

"This is where Courtney lives?" I gape.

"Yeah, rich bitch." Lucy replies, I'm starting to think she has something really against Courtney, though it's hard not to.

Lucy finds a spot and parks the car, "Let's see how far up she is on the slut-o-meter tonight." She says as we get out.

"Do you mean in dress?" I ask as we approach the pumping music.

"I mean in general." She replies, making us both giggle.

Our laughing stops when we run into the devil herself.

"What do you think you're doing here? Last time I checked, you weren't invited." She asks me. Of course, wearing the tightest, shortest skirt possible and pretty much just a bra. Not to mention those five-inch heels.

"She's with me, you got a problem with that?" Lucy asks back.

Courtney goes to glare at Lucy but then her bitch face fades a little as she realises who she's talking to, "Whatever." She huffs and struts inside.

"So, are you the secret party girl or the responsible one?" Lucy asks as we head up the stairs.

"Actually," I reply, "This is my first real house party."

"No way?" Lucy exclaims, "We'll make it one to remember, or not." She nudges me playfully.

"Oh trust me, I've already done that once." I mumble.

"What was that?" She asks.

"Oh nothing, just singing." I lie, gesturing to the song playing in the background.

"Ah yeah, good song." Lucy smiles.

We enter the house and the music blares through the speakers, early drinkers have already started grinding on each other on the dance floor, well I think they're early drinkers, it's hard to tell these days.

Lucy and I take our spots to the side.

"Did you want a drink?" Lucy yells.

"No not yet thanks." I reply.

"I don't know what you said but I'll get you one anyway." Lucy shouts back and disappears before I can grab her.

I lean against the wall and watch the horrible dancing happening in front of me, suddenly it's switched off and the dancer's whine and complain before looking to the DJ booth where Courtney has the microphone.

"Alright people, the footballers have just arrived, let's give our warmest welcome to the winning home team!" She shouts in her annoying, whiney voice.

Everyone claps and cheers and when the footballers all enter the people go wild, whistling and patting the backs of the guys.

I'm searching the crowd for Lucy when I feel a presence next to me.

"There you are I-"

But I stop when I see an unwanted face next to me, "Roman." I acknowledge him.