Chapter 35: Thank God for these old damn floorboards.

>Jay's POV<

Roman knows we're here, he knows Aiden and Ben are on our side, Mae's just been thrown into a whole heap of glass and is pregnant, and Roman has Hazel and is currently delivering her to Robert as we speak.

Zach is moving Ben, trying to get him to wake up. Seth and Aiden are moving to help Mae, and I just stay staring at the damn door Roman walked out of with Hazel.

"You should go." Zach says.

I turn to look at him, "Are you crazy? I don't know what's happening up there."

"It's Hazel, surely the men will be here soon. We can't all stay down here and just wait for them to come get us." He replies.

Gaining a new found confidence; I nod and check my gun.

"We'll be up there soon man." He says.

I look around and nod again, "Someone needs to get Mae to the hospital."

"Don't worry, I'll handle it." He replies.

I take a deep breath and don't look back as I head through the door.

*Hazel's POV*

"Let go of me!" I sneer as Roman grips me painfully.

"Do you ever shut up?" He mutters.

I just glare at him. He was holding me in such a position that I couldn't even reach for my gun, not that I would use it now anyway.

If I could at all that is.

I don't even know when the time comes if I'll be able to shoot it.

I mean, I could kill someone. Even if it was Robert, I have no idea how I would deal with afterwards.

Roman keeps taking me up multiple staircases, and it makes me wonder just how big this building was.

We go up the final step of stairs, how did I know that? Mainly because when we did, there was a room full of people and I was basically thrown on the floor in front of Robert himself.

"What is she doing here?" Robert asks Roman, he looks bored and hasn't made eye contact with me yet.

It's hard not to crumble with all the male-dominated stares on me.

The beanie had fallen off when Roman took me but I still had Ben's black shirt over my top.

"Obviously someone wasn't watching her since I found her near the front door with some other uninvited guests." Roman replies.

Now Roberts eyes flick to mine, I keep a neutral expression, trying not to look as nervous as I really am.

He raises his eyebrows, "Oh?" He starts to slowly walks towards me, "Care to enlighten us all as to who was with you?"

"I-" I start to reply but am cut off with a noise.

Robert frowns and looks out to where the window is.

He walks over to it, the crowd splitting as he does and looks out of the window.

"Everybody get their weapons and get down there now! We've been ambushed." He yells.

Suddenly there's a big commotion and everyone starts moving, I sit on the ground in silence as they all disperse around me.

Robert makes his way back over to me again, slowly as usual.