Chapter 28: Hell, I don't even know if I could shoot anyone.

>Jay's POV<

"Why didn't she say anything?" I groan, fidgeting in my worry.

"Calm down Jay, the instructions are on the note, lets hurry up and go and hopefully we can catch her." Lexi replies.

We nod and move to exit the room, however we're stopped in our tracks when a security guard steps in front of us.

"No entry to the gardens." He says.

"But our friend's out there." Lexi replies.

The guard scoffs, "Nice try. No ones out there, I've been guarding all night, I would have noticed."

I go to step forward but Zach holds me back, "Don't, you're just asking for trouble."

"I need to get to Hazel." I say through a clenched jaw.

"Okay new plan." Zach says, we huddle around, "Lexi and Seth, you guys go find Roman and see if you can get anything out of him. Jay and I will go find a way out. Sound good?"

We nod, "Lets go. We're wasting time." I say.

We go off and part ways.

If anything happens to her nothing will hold me back.

*Hazel's POV*

I walk quickly through the maze, it was much larger than I expected.

Luckily, I had memorised the instructions.

First left.

I take the turn and continue walking down. There was hardly any light, just the full moon that shinned in the clear night sky.

I could only see about three metres in front of me.

Second right.

I make the turn, continuing. By now, someone was sure to have noticed I was missing, plus I left the note in my bag, they were bound to come after me soon, I have to be quick.

Third left.

I count the left hand turns until I find the third one. I hope these instructions are right, I memorised how to get there, but I'm not sure if I can work it out back.

First right.

I find the turn and slow my pace down to a normal walk. My dress was getting in the way, so I had to hold it up a little to walk smoothly.

I make my way through the hedge, and see a faint light at the end.

Slowing my pace right down to a now-hesitant walk, I have to turn more corner to see what it is.

I get to the end, take a deep breath and turn the corner before gasping.

∆Lexi's POV∆

"There he is." Seth says, pointing to the guy in the velvet blue mask.

"Come on." I say and walk forward. He was talking to a girl, one I presume was his date for the night.

Without missing a beat, Seth grabs his shoulder and spins him around, "We need to talk."

Roman frown in shock and puts his hands up, "Whoa man, what's going on?"

I frown and reach over, lifting up his mask.

It wasn't Roman.

"Where did you get this mask from?" I demand.

He looks with wide eyes at the both of us, "I-I don't know who he was. I was outside and some guy gave it to me, he said that the party was boring."