Chapter 17: What If I'd just eaten tuna for lunch? Mm, yum, so kissable.

Chapter 17: What If I’d just eaten tuna for lunch? Mm, yum, so kissable.

“Alright girls, get that hair gelled, I want it glued to your scalp, no strays this game please.” Lucy says, all the other cheerleaders go back to their chatting and work on their hair.

“Already done Hazel?” Lucy asks me.

I nod absentmindedly.

She raises her eyebrows and sits down next to me, “What’s up?”

I shrug and play with the eyeliner I’m holding, “It’s nothing, really.”

“Come on, a girl has to rant to another girl sometimes.” She replies.

I sigh, “It’s just boy troubles.”

She smirks, “Do these boy troubles have something to do with a certain,” She lowers her voice and leans in, “Jaydon Hamilton?”

I look at her, “How did you know?”

She flicks her hand, “I’ve known since the first time I saw you both together.”

“But, he wouldn’t like someone like me.” I deny.

“Well, you never know. Jay is actually a big softy on the inside.” She says.

I sigh and look into the mirror, “It’s not him I’m confused about.”

I grab my phone to check the time and we have an hour until the game starts, meaning we have half an hour before showtime.

As I’m checking the time, a message comes through and I open it.

-Come to the front of the school. Please.

I frown at the message but shrug and start making my way there, cautious about who it could be, I make sure to approach the front slowly.

When I get there it's empty, nothing around in site.

Then someone steps out and I clench my jaw and turn around.

“Please wait.” He says.

I stop and breath, then turn around, “What do you want Sam?”

“I just needed to see you, I know very well that you’re mad at me.” He replies.

“Mad at you?” I ask, “I can assure you I’m much more then just mad at you.”

He puts his hands out in front of him, “Okay, okay, I get that. But can you just hear me out for a second.”

“Why should I?” I challenge.

He opens his mouth to say something, but then closes it again.

“That’s what I thought.” I reply and turn around again.

But this time I get spun around by someone grabbing my hand, “Look at me.” He says.

I look up into his eyes.

“Tell me you don’t feel anything for me, nothing at all.” He says.

I take a breath and stare into his eyes.

“I don’t feel anything for you Sam.” I say, he drops my hand and I step back.

“Nothing at all.”

He clenches his jaw and gives a nod.

Then I turn around and run, one small tear spilling over my eye, I don’t know where it’s from, I really didn’t feel anything romantic for Sam anymore. But it might have been that he was the first guy to actually be interested in me that made me cry.