Chapter 11: One drink couldn't hurt right? Wrong.

Chapter 11: One drink couldn’t hurt right? Wrong.

As the sun starts to descend I speed walk through town, keeping my head down and my hands crossed, holding on to my arms.

A chilly breeze blows past, making my soaked clothes colder and causes goose bumps to appear on my skin.

My eyes are hot from tears and my throat sticky from excess saliva.

When I think back to the situation that just occurred with the guys, most people would think I overreacted. And in a way, I did.

But, I guess it’s just different for me, not having any real friends before really makes trust a hard issue.

Sure, I wouldn’t have minded if they maybe pretended to push me in the lake. But actually pushing me in just made me go off.

I’m so focused on the ground that I clumsily run into someone.

“Sorry.” I apologise and wipe a tear away.

“Hey, Hazel. Are you okay?” He asks and puts his hands on my arms.

I look up at Sam and then avert my eyes.

“I’m fine, what are you doing here?” I ask.

He studies me with narrowed eyes and then shrugs, “Just going to meet up with some of my friends that live here. Want to come?” He asks.

I frown, I don’t really feel like being around people right now.

“Um, I think I better not. I kind of-”

“Oh, come on. It’ll be fun, and it might cheer you up.” He smiles.

I look up at his hopeful expression.

Maybe it would be good to be around other people, I might even know some of them from school.

I sigh and smile, “Sure, I guess it couldn’t hurt.”

He smiles and grabs my hand, “Great, let’s go then.”

We start walking the way I came and I prey that we don’t see the guys.

I look down at our entwined hands and take a breath.

What were Sam and I? Are we dating? Are we just good friends?

My eyes travel up his tan, muscular arm, past his tattoo and then to the side of his head.

His blonde hair has grown a little longer, but it’s still styled that messy way he always has it.

I feel like there’s something dangerous about him, something he’s hiding deep down. Yet, he’s so sweet and nice, but something just doesn’t sit right with him, and I don’t know what.

He turns his head and my green eyes meet his blue ones, the ones not as gorgeous as Jay’s.

Agh! Why am I comparing him to Jay again?

“Now, are you going to tell me what’s wrong?” Sam asks.

I shrug and look down, “Oh, just some friend issues, nothing to worry about.”

He frowns, “Friend issues?”

I sigh, I guess he’s not going to drop this.

“Yeah, I have trouble trusting people.” I say quietly.

Sam suddenly tugs my hand towards him and brings me to his chest.

I gasp a little and look up at him.