Chapter 24: Frazzled? Who even says that?

I wake up early on Monday morning.

Too early.

Seeing as though I only went to bed four hours ago, it probably seems earlier than it actually is.

I was over at Jay's house with everyone, mainly looking after Jay, but when I left he seemed to be himself again, just a little more bruised and battered.

I get up and have a shower; it's probably best that I'm not late for school.

When I get out and get changed my phone starts buzzing, I pick it up and see Jay's name across the screen.

"Hey." I say.

"Hey." He replies.

"What's up?" I ask, yawning.

"You sound tired, you didn't have to stay with me so late last night." He replies, although he sounds just as tired as me, if not more.

"It's okay, I felt like I had to be there." I reply.

"Well, I was just ringing to tell you that I won't be at school today." He says.

I grab my bag and keys, starting to walk out of my room.

I frown, "Why? Is it because you don't want people seeing your glorious face all torn up?"

"You think my face is glorious?" He asks, I can hear the smirk on his face from over the phone.

I roll my eyes, "Not the point Jay."

"Never mind Diosa," He laughs, using the nickname I haven't heard in a while, "I've been called over to another town to help out with something."

I exit the house and lock the door, "'Something' being gang stuff?"

"Yes, 'something' being gang stuff." He replies.

Realising he's not going to tell me anymore, I don't even bother trying to ask anymore.

I sigh, "Do you have to? You got pretty banged up last night, you should just stay home and rest."

He scoffs, "I'm not a princess Diosa, I can handle myself."

"Well sorry Mr Stubborn." I reply.

I get into my car and just sit in it while I talk to him.

He chuckles, "I'll be back later tonight, if you're still awake, I'll drop by."

I nod, even though he can't see me, "Alright."

"Have fun at school Diosa, learn stuff for me." He says.

I scoff, "Learn it yourself."

He just laughs before hanging up.

I smile and shake my head before pulling out of the driveway and heading to school.

>>|<<

When I get out of my car, I'm a little surprised to see Seth and Zach waiting by the tree we usually meet at in the morning.

I walk up to them, "I thought you guys might have been going with Jay today."

They shake their heads, "Nah, we don't always have to go together, sometimes they just want one of us." Zach says.

"They?" I ask.

"The gang." Seth replies.

"I thought you were pretty much out?" I ask.